All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to Go Cable Rox

to Go Cable Rox

Re: CRTC sez: Broadcasting as we know it will never be the same

Not that I have cable TV due to the insane cost & crappy content, if there was one rule I'd like them to implement it would be to disallow in show advertising of all types (including the channel watermark)

Why would you want to pay for content that's covered in ads is beyond me. Bhell is of course among the worst of the bunch with their 1/3rd screen coverage seemingly at the most dramatic moment of a show.

Fraoch
join:2003-08-01
Cambridge, ON
SmartRG SR808ac
TP-Link EAP225
Grandstream HT502

Fraoch

said by JMJimmy:

Not that I have cable TV due to the insane cost & crappy content, if there was one rule I'd like them to implement it would be to disallow in show advertising of all types (including the channel watermark)

Why would you want to pay for content that's covered in ads is beyond me. Bhell is of course among the worst of the bunch with their 1/3rd screen coverage seemingly at the most dramatic moment of a show.

YES!! I thought I was the only one bothered by this!

It's escalating, they are continuously getting more and more intrusive. Teletoon now has a live Twitter feed across the bottom showing just how moronic their host Fearless Fred is (as if we weren't convinced already ) that goes on several minutes.

Recently The Comedy Network has been interrupting shows with an ad for a movie (I am not going to advertise for them by repeating the name) which covers 1/2 the screen on the right and 1/3 the screen across the bottom. Incredibly frustrating.

Advertisers: if you advertise this way I will never ever purchase your product out of general principle. Ever! Even if I want it!

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

said by Fraoch:

Recently The Comedy Network has been interrupting shows with an ad for a movie (I am not going to advertise for them by repeating the name) which covers 1/2 the screen on the right and 1/3 the screen across the bottom. Incredibly frustrating.

I haven't noticed this here. Might be station specific or incumbent specific. Dunno...

I know that would tick me off enough to complain.

Guspaz, you ever notice the likes of the above on videotron?