uniqs

inteller
Sociopaths always win.
join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

inteller

the new Onstar!

this will just be another vestigial tail in these cars that no one will use.

jseymour
join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

jseymour

said by inteller:

this will just be another vestigial tail in these cars that no one will use.

Yup.

Even were I inclined to pay for such a service, I would want it to be with the service provider I already have, not one that GM or anybody else chooses for me. (And that certainly wouldn't be the thing that calls itself "AT&T.")

Jim

huristm
@state.gov

huristm

Anon

In addition, my next car (which I expect to be in the market for next year) cannot have an infotainment system geared to a specific device e.g. iPhone.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to inteller

Premium Member

to inteller
They have been doing this with onstar already, now they are just using the newest cell radios.

There are a lot of people that use onstar, it is very profitable for GM.
Just think you are probably average so 50% of the country is dumber than you and those are the people who would pay for onstar.

BIGMIKE
Q
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Gainesville, FL

BIGMIKE to inteller

Premium Member

to inteller
Think You Know All About Distracted Driving? Think Again, Says AAA

WASHINGTON, D.C., (June 12, 2013)รข€“Hands-free technologies might make it easier for motorists to text, talk on the phone, or even use Facebook while they drive, but new findings from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety show dangerous mental distractions exist even when drivers keep their hands on the wheel and their eyes on the road. The research found that as mental workload and distractions increase reaction time slows, brain function is compromised, drivers scan the road less and miss visual cues, potentially resulting in drivers not seeing items right in front of them including stop signs and pedestrians. This is the most comprehensive study of its kind to look at the mental distraction of drivers and arms AAA with evidence to appeal to the public to not use these voice-to-text features while their vehicle is in motion.
»newsroom.aaa.com/2013/06 ··· ays-aaa/