uniqs
share rss forum feed

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2

On Star

If people will pay for On Star these days, they will pay for this. Obviosly there is a deal here... most likely AT&T pays GM to install it, probably even pays GM to install.

It's yet another way for AT&T to gouge their own customers. They could easily make a system to run off someone's smartphone connection. But they can charge twice as much for that.

amungus
Premium
join:2004-11-26
America

I can't fathom paying to be spied upon in my vehicle.

Guess I'll never own any GM product new enough to have such crap, nor any other vehicle with such technology.

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

said by amungus:

If you consider that as spying then I'm guessing you don't own any type of cell phone.

Kamus

join:2011-01-27
El Paso, TX

said by tcope:

said by amungus:

If you consider that as spying then I'm guessing you don't own any type of cell phone.

Yeah, i guess he doesn't realize ALL phones are tracking devices.

amungus
Premium
join:2004-11-26
America

Lol, yes, obviously cell phones are prime surveillance devices.. Thing is, I don't have to have it on me, its battery is removable, and thus far, I haven't seen any way to easily disable onstar in a similar manner.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
japan

said by amungus:

I haven't seen any way to easily disable onstar in a similar manner.

I don't know about the newer iterations, but I simply unplugged the Onstar module in my truck to install a BT module. Quick and easy couple of minutes under my dash and the simple task was done.