spc
Search similar:

uniqs
28727686 (banned)
join:2013-04-08

28727686 (banned) to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan

Re: Man of Steel Reviews

Superman can go into space with no atmosphere as well with no ill effects so he can handle 2 different cases yet he can't handle Kryptonian air for a few seconds while fighting the terraformer? Seriously?!?!?!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan
It's not the air man! It's the radiation! It wasn't the lack of a breather that affected Superman, it was the environment. The environment/air would affect humans differently and kills them, hence why only Lois needed to wear the breather on the ship, not Superman. You can have solar radiation without the actual sun showing. That's what was changed in the ship's atmosphere, and that was what was in that pocket that he was in with the terraformer. Radiation. Red Solar Radiation vs Yellow Solar Radiation.
Bruce Hammer
join:2013-06-19

Bruce Hammer to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
I loved that movie...
28727686 (banned)

28727686 (banned) to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

It's not the air man! It's the radiation! It wasn't the lack of a breather that affected Superman, it was the environment. The environment/air would affect humans differently and kills them, hence why only Lois needed to wear the breather on the ship, not Superman. You can have solar radiation without the actual sun showing. That's what was changed in the ship's atmosphere, and that was what was in that pocket that he was in with the terraformer. Radiation. Red Solar Radiation vs Yellow Solar Radiation.

Nice try but no way radiation impacted the terraformer fight at all. You're trying to tell us the terraformer was selectively adding radiation to the Kryptonian air? There is no red sun to add Kryptonian radiation. You might be able to sell the ship SIMULATED the red sun and its' radiation but if that's the case the air shouldn't matter. The radiation would be the same in Kryptonian air or Earth's air. The air and sun's are different entities and no present in a mix that anyone can explain what happened. I wish it was possible but they f'd up there for the sake of entertainment.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

a 'Red' sun is just an older sun, so less radiation gets into the atmosphere. The terra former could of been thickening the atmosphere and blocking out the amount of radiation superman needed to have his powers.
28727686 (banned)

28727686 (banned)

said by BigSensFan:

a 'Red' sun is just an older sun, so less radiation gets into the atmosphere. The terra former could of been thickening the atmosphere and blocking out the amount of radiation superman needed to have his powers.

Just in the Kryptonian air parts? Radiation is all or nothing. It has nothing to do with the air as had been pointed out. If it was radiation it would be proximity related yet they painted a relationship between air and weakness in the movie. If the ship was shielded for example the second he got onto the ship he should have gotten weak. The same with the terraformer not just in the small Kryptonian air pockets but any proximity to the terraformer. They just failed to create a solid reboot on that point. They could have done anything as long as it was CONSISTENT but they didn't.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Click for full size

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

1 recommendation

BigSensFan to 28727686

Premium Member

to 28727686
Superman's body acts like a battery, storing the radiation so his powers would weaken, but not all at once.

A thicker ozone layer would mean less radiation gets to the surface. I assume that the terraformer was making a thicker atmoshere

but I agree with Alpha's post, you are nitpicking

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

1 recommendation

TheBionic to 28727686

Premium Member

to 28727686
said by 28727686:

said by BigSensFan:

Just in the Kryptonian air parts? Radiation is all or nothing. It has nothing to do with the air as had been pointed out. If it was radiation it would be proximity related yet they painted a relationship between air and weakness in the movie. If the ship was shielded for example the second he got onto the ship he should have gotten weak. The same with the terraformer not just in the small Kryptonian air pockets but any proximity to the terraformer. They just failed to create a solid reboot on that point. They could have done anything as long as it was CONSISTENT but they didn't.

That's the way I felt about the Hulk at the end of The Avengers, where he seemed to be in complete control and only attacked the bad guys (barring comic relief). That flew in the face of everything we were told about the Hulk in the Marvel movies up to that point. I still enjoyed the movie. I can understand your frustration though. No reason they couldn't have explained it better. In situations like these, when a sentence or two would have probably done the trick, it's maddening they don't include it.

I still loved Man of Steel.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

said by TheBionic:

That's the way I felt about the Hulk at the end of The Avengers, where he seemed to be in complete control and only attacked the bad guys (barring comic relief). That flew in the face of everything we were told about the Hulk in the Marvel movies up to that point.

I may have to watch the Marvel movies again for discrepancy but I'm fairly certain they established that Banner had some measure of control over the transformation into the Hulk and could at least aim the Hulk in a general direction of destruction.

On second thought, maybe the Loki interference (while cannon) doesn't gel as well as I first thought... hmmm...

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by PhoenixDown:

said by TheBionic:

That's the way I felt about the Hulk at the end of The Avengers, where he seemed to be in complete control and only attacked the bad guys (barring comic relief). That flew in the face of everything we were told about the Hulk in the Marvel movies up to that point.

I may have to watch the Marvel movies again for discrepancy but I'm fairly certain they established that Banner had some measure of control over the transformation into the Hulk and could at least aim the Hulk in a general direction of destruction.

On second thought, maybe the Loki interference (while cannon) doesn't gel as well as I first thought... hmmm...

If that's true then everyone worrying about Hulk the entire movie then the loong scene of Hulk rampaging through the helicarrier trying to kill Scarlett Johannsen doesn't make sense. But that's another movie.
28727686 (banned)

28727686 (banned) to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
said by BigSensFan:

Superman's body acts like a battery, storing the radiation so his powers would weaken, but not all at once.

A thicker ozone layer would mean less radiation gets to the surface. I assume that the terraformer was making a thicker atmoshere

but I agree with Alpha's post, you are nitpicking

The entire point of talking about anything is the ability to give opinions. Instead of just ignoring my opinion you guys had to reply. Obviously it's nit picking when you can't win but before that an opinion you'll debate. Funny stuff! Glad to see after I said you can't explain it and after multiple failures you finally get it. It's just sad you have to try to save face with a nitpicking comment. *double facepalm*

See bionicRod's comment. He summed it up nicely.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Actually, we gave multiple theories for explaining it. You just didn't want to accept them because they flew in the face of your nit picking.
Critsmcgee
join:2011-12-02

Critsmcgee to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
I agree your explainations of it are weak. I'd like to know why they botched it myself.
28727686 (banned)

28727686 (banned) to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Actually, we gave multiple theories for explaining it. You just didn't want to accept them because they flew in the face of your nit picking.

Multiple people didn't accept them as they didn't make sense. I applaud the effort though. In the end we'll never know unless someone involved in the movie talks about it.

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

1 recommendation

mromero to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan
saw it opening day. loved it. fight scenes were well done.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by mromero:

saw it opening day. loved it. fight scenes were well done.

Agreed!

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
Saw the movie last night, and amidst the beached whales having their conversations and playing bubble-pop on their phones with the sound on during the entire movie, I was still able to enjoy it. I really liked this film and the special effects were out of this world (pun intended).

Kryptonian Armor is badass and the fight scenes were phenomenal. I was constantly left wondering how they would end as it didn't seem either had a significant edge over the other and would come down to their wits(namely the final fight between Superman and Zod).

I find it funny that the loudness was brought up already. That was the one thing my brother mentioned as we were walking out. He said he felt his ears were going to burst(slight exaggeration, but still) everytime Superman took off and went supersonic.

Overall, we enjoyed it and I plan on picking it up on blu-ray when it comes out.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Oh yeah... Sorry. I just figured that since this is a Man of Steel Reviews thread, that nobody in here would be reading it if they hadn't seen the movie and didn't want spoilers.

I read everything spoilers and all. I don't intend to see this piece of garbage.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
said by Grimm:

Saw the movie last night, and amidst the beached whales having their conversations and playing bubble-pop on their phones with the sound on during the entire movie, I was still able to enjoy it. I really liked this film and the special effects were out of this world (pun intended).

Kryptonian Armor is badass and the fight scenes were phenomenal. I was constantly left wondering how they would end as it didn't seem either had a significant edge over the other and would come down to their wits(namely the final fight between Superman and Zod).

I find it funny that the loudness was brought up already. That was the one thing my brother mentioned as we were walking out. He said he felt his ears were going to burst(slight exaggeration, but still) everytime Superman took off and went supersonic.

Overall, we enjoyed it and I plan on picking it up on blu-ray when it comes out.

I still don't know why Superman didn't just take off straight up in the air with Zod.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

said by Grimm:

I still don't know why Superman didn't just take off straight up in the air with Zod.

and I ask again... and then what? A continual struggle?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Cross that bridge when you get to it. At least that family would be alive.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

In that moment Supes realized he'd never be able to change Zod's mind, that he was genetically programmed to annihalate Earth's population in order to resurrect Krypton's. He was presented with a choice. He made it.

I do get the hubub over the end, but I think it's a good explanation of why Supes doesn't want to kill going forward. It is an origin story after all. Plus, Christopher Reeves's Superman uncerimoniously killed Zod at the end of Superman 2, just dropped him down a pit, and Lois killed Ursa the same way. Non fell right in, too. So it has happened before.

Now, regarding the sequel, I'm sure Luthor is going to be the villain. I'd sure like to see Brainiac up on the big screen though.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Yeah, don' want to see Luthor. Brainiac would be great to see. Can piggyback off of the Krypton storyline we've seen so far in the first movie.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan
The best superman i've seen.

But they could have made it shorter. The action (however good) were repetitive. We get it, you guys can destroy shit.

Also, superman failed at trying to protect people. Thousands died and the city is completely destroyed.

But i did like the luthor corp oil tank that exploded. He should play the next villain.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

said by PhoenixDown:

said by TheBionic:

If that's true then everyone worrying about Hulk the entire movie then the loong scene of Hulk rampaging through the helicarrier trying to kill Scarlett Johannsen doesn't make sense. But that's another movie.

I think they should have shown that scene in baywatch slow-mo and with a close up of Scarlett Johannsen as she was running,dodging, ducking away from the Hulk. Just so the guys vould forget about why she was running in the first place
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

(spoiler)

Now, regarding the sequel, I'm sure Luthor is going to be the villain. I'd sure like to see Brainiac up on the big screen though.

I've read that as well, and agree with that view point.

One of the interesting cross overs that DarkHorse comics did was Superman vs Aliens. That also illustrated his reluctance to kill. Hmm, I think Supes and Wolverine should team up

The Aliens had found a chunk of Krypton that was out in space, away from a sun. He landed on the chunk and at first tried to persuade the Aliens to cease their attacks on the survivors. He fails to, as we knew he would. So he sticks the survivors into the shuttle he used and sends them back to Earth. The survivors make it it Luther's space station, when the Aliens hatch out of them. The Aliens are hybrids, so have enhanced powers due to the reaction of the sun and their krypton DNA. Lois Lane and Lex Luther have "fight on their hands".
Meanwhile Superman is growing weaker, as he has no sun to boost his energy levels. So the Aliens are actually able to cause him some harm.

Anyhow, it was an interesting read.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

The best superman i've seen.

But they could have made it shorter. The action (however good) were repetitive. We get it, you guys can destroy shit.

Also, superman failed at trying to protect people. Thousands died and the city is completely destroyed.

But i did like the luthor corp oil tank that exploded. He should play the next villain.

did you also see the Wayne space Satellite they destroyed?
I think the Director said that this was done on purpose, to create the atmosphere for the JLA.
It maybe possible that we might see other "heroes" in the next Superman, if they follow Marvel's lead.

Though who would make a good Batman/Bruce Wayne?
Expand your moderator at work

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan

Re: Man of Steel Reviews

What a great movie.