Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick

Re: [Raiding] Preach Experiment: Accessibility and Apathy

yeah, and that is also an unfortunate result of the increased accessibility of the game. There is no longer that obvious unattainable goal that new players recognize they'd like to achieve. If a new player is content to solo to 90, do mediocre in LFD and LFR to simply finish the fight... there's little motivation to do more. I find many don't even care that they aren't in the top 4 dmg, or the top 2 healers because they clearly just assume those guys are the "hardcore raiders" and they have gear that is out of reach to them.

Preach hates the heroic extra boss thing (from other interviews)... because, in his view, they've been completely underwhelming. I wouldn't mind having exclusive content get a little more attention. If Sinestra and RA Den weren't great... fine... let's make them better. Even in the old-school console RPG, there was usually an "extended ending" for full-completion kill. That is (I think) where the devs should be going with the extra boss. Extra lore, extra difficulty... totally new encounter mechanic... everything.

I also wouldn't mind (and this seems like a reversal in some respects) if the LFR ending of a raiding tier never saw the big-bad die... but escape. Only in Normal does he die, and only on Heroic do we get a full, extended-cut lore scene with some major even taking place in the capital city. They've done a great job of enhancing the mundane... I'd like some attention to go back to the Epic.

edit: Actually... now that LFR is an integral part of the entire gearing progression in MoP... I wouldn't mind seeing it stop halfway through the "final raid"... never to be completed. You get all of the gear available in LFR (half the bosses) and then you need to learn how to raid for real to see the last bosses. This is a complete reversal from my DS days... but that was back when we only had one LFR, and it was so cool then. Now that it's an everyday thing... we need it. We need a reason to improve how we play. I'm seeing ToT(LFR) geared dps toons pulling MSV Normal dps. Something is horribly wrong with that... I think having an anti-climactic LFR ending compared to Normal/Heroic is the better answer, but simply stopping LFR half way into the final raid would be less expensive.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

IMO add in some norm mode only bosses

IE make MSV LFR 6 bosses but norm be 8 bosses

then in addition to the norm mode extras toss in a end of raid heroic only boss, with say 8 ilvl's higher gear, then add in some cool RP.

Like instead of the floor just falling out (IE whats his name from BoT) you have some NPC's show up in some way and remove an item from the boss, you'd see this item on the loot window but no one would be allowed to loot it (it'd be for the NPC) then the NPC goes and domes something that ends up leading the way to the special boss.

Maybe have the NPC be very cool but fall in battle to the trash leading the the boss, or something like that, or even have the NPC pull the boss and fall then when you kill the boss the NPC does some more RP.

IMO that would be cooler

maybe even have some NPC's summon the special boss