Randallstown, MD

1 edit

therube

Re:  

Ah, I screwed up!
This sucks ...

So I checked, "Basic".
But "Basic" is not Classic.
And it is also not "Full featured" (cough, cough, cough).
And it is not nearly as nice as Classic.

I WANT MY CLASSIC BACK!

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by therube:

....So I checked, "Basic".

I WANT MY CLASSIC BACK !

+1 to that !

And yes, my NEXT question already was :

Is the new Basic even CLOSE to the old Classic in appearance, function, and lean usage of CPU & RAM ?

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

2 edits

therube

Click for full size
> Is Basic even CLOSE to the old Classic in appearance, function, and lean usage of CPU & RAM ?

Without having done much with it ...

1) BLAND. no differentiation between any of the areas, any of the dialogs, & the mbox's, mails themselves. it all blends together. instead of /knowing/ where some is, you have to /think about/ it.

2) i can still open messages in tabs, thankfully!

3) sorting is not as nice. before, you clicked a column header & it sorted. now you have to select a dropdown ... & that whole dialog area is just plain, ugly. column header, that's normal stuff. you know what it does. now i've got this ugly "sort" dialog sitting there - all the time, in my face!

4) if you screen is not maximized, you loose a LOT, most all of, (what was formerly called) the "From" column. (it's no longer a "From" column. now is just BLAND, meaningless, unnamed, a section of your screen with words.)

5) much greater vertical spacing between messages. so less visibly displays on your screen at one time. so you see less, so you are less aware.

6) prior i had 100 messages displaying at once. now it looks like 50?

7) no "mark all", that i can see? many times i would "mark all", then deselect particular messages. performing an action, in mass, on those selected. like Delete. not being able to do that is laughable. (maybe i'm just not seeing it.)

8) file sizes are no longer shown.

9) attachments "column" (of which there are no more columns, everything being BLAND, a blob of nothingness) is moved, far less conspicuous.

10) mark unread. often i would open a message, get a feel for it, then mark it as unread. that tells me it's something i wanted to come back to. used to be the "mark unread" displayed in the message itself. click it, as i'm in the message & done. now there is a dropdown PITA to content with. ugly!

--

performance does not seem to be impacted.
it probably isn't that bad.

more that it is not UI friendly. Ugly, actually. poor layout. poor differentiation between sections. uses too much screen real estate.

---

now, for the moment (not on this account) that i saw the "newest" Yahoo! Mail, now that is 100% utter FAIL.

Cartel
Intel inside Your sensitive data outside
Premium Member
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC

Cartel to therube

Premium Member

to therube
said by therube:

Ah, I screwed up!
This sucks ...

So I checked, "Basic".

I WANT MY CLASSIC BACK!

»mrd.mail.yahoo.com/switchclassic

therube
Randallstown, MD

therube

quote:
7) no "mark all", that i can see? many times i would "mark all", then deselect particular messages. performing an action, in mass, on those selected. like Delete. not being able to do that is laughable. (maybe i'm just not seeing it.)

Still not seeing it.

I typically let my SPAM box just accumulate messages.
Every so often I'll go in, review & delete in mass.

Sometimes I'll sign up for something new, knowing that I'll expect to see a few messages come in from that source in rapid succession.

At those times, I'll want to go in & review, then empty my SPAM box, so that if those new messages, for whatever reason, end up in my SPAM box, they are easily determinable.

Having no way clear the box, in mass (other then blindly clicking the 'Empty' link), renders it unusable.
therube

1 edit

therube to Cartel

to Cartel
> »mrd.mail.yahoo.com/switchclassic

Thanks, that works .
Only problem is that you have to use that link, because if you (what I typically do) type in "mail.yahoo.com", you end up in the newer interface.
quote:
(Wonder if clearing cookies...)

Nope.
Rojo31
join:2009-04-14
New York, NY

Rojo31

(Wonder if clearing cookies...)

Nope.
===
Find the Yahoo "localstorage" file/folder. Perhaps deleting that...

therube
Randallstown, MD

1 recommendation

therube to Cartel

to Cartel
> »mrd.mail.yahoo.com/switchclassic

Now looks to be dead.
It was good while it lasted. I used it. That sucks!