spc
Search similar:

uniqs

fish23
@comcast.net

fish23

Anon

sb6141

what is the manufacture date or when was the motorola sb6141 available?

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Retail was approx. March 2012.

Coelispex
join:2013-06-03
Howell, MI

Coelispex

said by Johkal:

This is for the white version btw.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

said by Coelispex:

said by Johkal:

Hence "retail".

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to fish23

MVM

to fish23
Going by the earliest DSLR forum post that mentions it »Re: [Cable] Cable modem - what to buy and the "8/11" date on this data sheet »moto.arrisi.com/staticfi ··· S-EN.pdf , it looks like the SB6141 first became available in August 2011.

Coelispex
join:2013-06-03
Howell, MI

Coelispex to Johkal

to Johkal
said by Johkal:

said by Coelispex:

said by Johkal:

Hence "retail".

Yes but typical newbies like me don't know these kind of minor details that makes a difference when it comes to the 6141

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to fish23

Premium Member

to fish23
I think Best Buy started selling them about six months ago. The one with the white case is the retail version.
IowaCowboy

IowaCowboy to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

Going by the earliest DSLR forum post that mentions it »Re: [Cable] Cable modem - what to buy and the "8/11" date on this data sheet »moto.arrisi.com/staticfi ··· S-EN.pdf , it looks like the SB6141 first became available in August 2011.

The unit on the spec sheet has a USB port, I just bought a 6141 at Best Buy and the 6141 that they sell does not have a USB.

Just bought a 6141 and they are rock solid. Much better connectivity that the 6120 it replaced (I think my 6120 went bad).
IowaCowboy

1 recommendation

IowaCowboy to Johkal

Premium Member

to Johkal
said by Johkal:

said by Coelispex:

said by Johkal:

Hence "retail".

I think the white case is so that the cable operators can differentiate between customer owned and cableco owned modems.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to IowaCowboy

MVM

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

said by telcodad:

The unit on the spec sheet has a USB port, I just bought a 6141 at Best Buy and the 6141 that they sell does not have a USB.

Yes, it's probably an early version or optional feature, like the "Energy Conservation Switch" (allows user to disable the modem when not in use) that my SB6121 does not have.