spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fish23

@comcast.net

sb6141

what is the manufacture date or when was the motorola sb6141 available?

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
Retail was approx. March 2012.

Coelispex

join:2013-06-03
Wilmette, IL
said by Johkal:

This is for the white version btw.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
said by Coelispex:

said by Johkal:

Hence "retail".

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:17
reply to fish23
Going by the earliest DSLR forum post that mentions it »Re: [Cable] Cable modem - what to buy and the "8/11" date on this data sheet »moto.arrisi.com/staticfiles/Vide ··· S-EN.pdf , it looks like the SB6141 first became available in August 2011.

Coelispex

join:2013-06-03
Wilmette, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Johkal
said by Johkal:

said by Coelispex:

said by Johkal:

Hence "retail".

Yes but typical newbies like me don't know these kind of minor details that makes a difference when it comes to the 6141

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
reply to fish23
I think Best Buy started selling them about six months ago. The one with the white case is the retail version.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to telcodad
said by telcodad:

Going by the earliest DSLR forum post that mentions it »Re: [Cable] Cable modem - what to buy and the "8/11" date on this data sheet »moto.arrisi.com/staticfiles/Vide ··· S-EN.pdf , it looks like the SB6141 first became available in August 2011.

The unit on the spec sheet has a USB port, I just bought a 6141 at Best Buy and the 6141 that they sell does not have a USB.

Just bought a 6141 and they are rock solid. Much better connectivity that the 6120 it replaced (I think my 6120 went bad).
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Johkal
said by Johkal:

said by Coelispex:

said by Johkal:

Hence "retail".

I think the white case is so that the cable operators can differentiate between customer owned and cableco owned modems.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:17
reply to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

said by telcodad:

The unit on the spec sheet has a USB port, I just bought a 6141 at Best Buy and the 6141 that they sell does not have a USB.

Yes, it's probably an early version or optional feature, like the "Energy Conservation Switch" (allows user to disable the modem when not in use) that my SB6121 does not have.