how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

no_coin

join:2002-10-17
Tyngsboro, MA

FiOS Mobile App - no network channels?

Just tried it and there appear to be no local network (abc, nbc...) channels. Am I doing something wrong?

thetick

join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

Nope. Locals have not been added.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
reply to no_coin

There are 75 channels, all national.

ChadH

@verizon.net
reply to no_coin

Only 1 sports channel too (NFL Network) from what I can see. A bunch of Lifetime channels though. I think a woman developed this app. lol

kenwvt

join:2011-05-18
Chelmsford, MA
reply to no_coin

Try Aereo.com for local channels in Boston and NY only so far. Works great.

-Ken

no_coin

Tyngsboro, MA
reply to no_coin

So there are no network (national) channels

PJL

Long Beach, CA

said by no_coin:

So there are no network (national) channels

I think "networks" are commonly known as those with affiliate local channels (CBS, NBS, ABC, etc.) and "national" channels are those like CNN, MSNBC, Food Network, etc. See »www22.verizon.com/home/livetv and click on "See available channels" for the current list.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to no_coin

The local networks will be the LAST to allow their broadcasts on such a medium.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

said by Greg2600:

ABC has their own local app called Watch ABC in the New York and Philly areas where you can watch Live TV on your mobile. It works very well.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to ChadH

said by ChadH :

Only 1 sports channel too (NFL Network) from what I can see. A bunch of Lifetime channels though. I think a woman developed this app. lol

It's not the app developer who decides on the channels. I imagine it's partly that some networks say, "No" flat out and partly others want too much money.

no_coin

Tyngsboro, MA
reply to no_coin

PJL, Thanks for the clarification. My bad for mixing up the terminology.

Photoman15

join:2000-06-12
Brooklyn, NY
reply to no_coin

Optimum and Time-Warner have ALL the channels, so it's not like they (th networks) won't allow it.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to matcarl

said by matcarl:

said by Greg2600:

ABC has their own local app called Watch ABC in the New York and Philly areas where you can watch Live TV on your mobile. It works very well.

You know I tried that app and it doesn't seem to show anything but Eyewitness News.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

It seems to work no matter what time I put it on. It did mention something about some live shows being replaced depending on your area. The app is available to everyone in the NYC & Philly area until June 30 and then you have to prove you subscribe to a provider that carries ABC after that.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to matcarl

said by matcarl:

said by Greg2600:

How do you get that app? I don't see it listed in the Google Play store.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

I got it through the App Store app on my iPod, it's free. It's called Watch ABC. I don't know if it's only offered through certain stores.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

3 edits
reply to no_coin

Fios will now offer authentication on the Watch ABC app. It may take up to the end of July to add it though.

»newscenter.verizon.com/corporate···on-fios/

PJL

Long Beach, CA

1 edit

Well it's working on the web (after about ten retries) but the Android app isn't working. I authenticated in with Verizon, it shows Verizon on the top of the page, but the little circle keeps spinning when I try to watch live TV. I'm in Los Angeles by the way so it should work.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to no_coin

I've found the ESPN/ABC Watch apps to perform terribly.

buckingham
Buckingham Pa
Premium
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA
reply to Greg2600

They noted on the 6ABC news this morning that VZ subscribers can now use the app. Apparently, there was a delay in setting up the authentication system to work with the VZ user credentials.

anonFios

join:2013-07-19
reply to no_coin

Do you have to use the specific channel apps or will these channels be integrated into the existing Fios TV app?

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

I'm sure they will integrate the Disney channels into the app, but probably not the local ABC

PJL

Long Beach, CA
reply to no_coin

Disney Junior (channel 260) and Disney HD (channel 780) are both already available via the FiOS Mobile app.