how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

scottp99

join:2010-12-11

[Help] SIM PIN Unlock question

Click for full size
Ok, I typed in the incorrect SIM PIN code 2 times (since I did not remember it) and I only have "1 attempt left".

Now, I managed to find my SIM PIN code and I got in.
But next time I reboot my phone, will it reset itself back to the default "3 attempts left"?

Or, will it be always "1 attempt left" even when rebooting or after powering ON the phone again?

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 GTi9505.

Thx in advance!

MrErgo

@comcast.net

What?!? If I understand you correctly, you managed to enter your SIM code, right? If that's the case, enjoy your SIM unlocked device, you will never see that screen again.

If not, rebooting, resetting, rooting, etc, will not 'clear' those attempts. You will still have one try left.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2

It sounds like the sim lock feature actually. Remove that sim, use another and it's locked until the pin is entered. Or, maybe it's the PUK code?
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

russotto

join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ
reply to scottp99

Once you enter the right PIN, the attempts counter resets.

If you enter the wrong one, you'll have to get a PUK (PIN Unlock Key) from your carrier. They might charge for it. You get, IIRC, 6 attempts to enter the proper PUK, after which your SIM is useless.