Scilicet (banned)
Spaced Out
join:2005-04-11
Aurora, CO

Scilicet (banned) to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos

Re: [Help] Version 7 Doesn't Install Properly

Click for full size
Here it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\FAHClient\FAHControl.exe and as you can see, no name and no team number.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

squirt

MVM

have you clicked on configure? you can enter the info there
Scilicet (banned)
Spaced Out
Aurora, CO

Scilicet (banned)

Click for full size
Alright now! So why is it only running 3 of 6 core processor?

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

Configure > Advanced > Percent CPU Usage

Just guessing.

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

howieh to Scilicet

MVM

to Scilicet
Move the "Folding Power" slider from Light to Full.
Scilicet (banned)
Spaced Out
Aurora, CO

Scilicet (banned) to Sunny

to Sunny
Click for full size
It was found set at 100%
Scilicet

Scilicet (banned) to howieh

to howieh
said by howieh:

Yes, that did it howieh See Profile! Thanks! I was just about to give up on this thing as I don't have the time to sit around playing with it.

mr sean
Professional Infidel

join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia

mr sean

With the slider set to "Full" you should also see your GT450 folding. Any setting below Full will pause folding your GPU, during other use.

NVidia GPUs also like to have a spare core as in (# of cores minus 1) configured, but it's not absolutely necessary -- just more efficient.
Scilicet (banned)
Spaced Out
Aurora, CO

2 recommendations

Scilicet (banned)

Yes, the GPU is running and running well. I couldn't run the GPU with the version 6 client as it made normal video almost unusable. So, I'll leave it as is unless I run into any problems. Thanks for the help everyone.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny to howieh

to howieh
said by howieh:

I'm not having a problem folding at full power, but I'm not seeing a "Folding Power" slider. Maybe because I'm still running an older version of the client or maybe because I'm not looking carefully or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Or because I don't have a GPU?

mr sean
Professional Infidel

join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia

mr sean

The newest version, 7.3.6, is the only one I'm familiar with (unless we go waaaay back). But it seems that the web access configuration with sliding bar began in version 7.

From the benchmarks I've seen v7 seems very efficient and runs the newer, faster cores: Core 4 (Gromacs) for CPU and Core 17 (OpenCL) for GPU. There is also Advanced and Expert configuration options for v7, using flags similar to older client versions.
I'm sure others here have figured out some quick start suggestions. I'm still trying to tweak the boxen and client options to give the best results.

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

howieh to Sunny

MVM

to Sunny
I'm in the same boat as mr sean See Profile. I went right from the 6.34 console to 7.3.6.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos to Sunny

Numquam oblitus

to Sunny
I'm pretty sure it started in the current version. I didn't see it in 7.2.9.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny

The version explains it then. On this PC, I'm still using V. 7.1.52. Until recently I was using the MBP, which is on a bed tray table in my bedroom, which was where I had been spending most of my time until very recently.