spc
Search similar:

uniqs

XNemesis
join:2002-11-16
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

[XP] Setting up Linksys E2000 Wireless connection on DSL

Hi, I'm confused how to setup the linksys to my DSL connection. Normally on cable I'd run the RJ45 cable into the internet port on the E2000 and then all my other devices connected through the 1-4 ports.

But DSL modem only has the RJ11 (I think that's correct) port and then the 4 LAN ports beside it. And the E2000 does not have a port to accept the RJ11 connector.

Can someone walk me through this or point me to a good diagram showing how to connect this all together?

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6121

shdesigns

Premium Member

Connect a cable from the lan port on the modem to the WAN port on the router.

If you can, set the modem to bridge mode.

If you are just adding wireless, you can use the modem as is and set the router up as an access point.

It all depends on what you want to achieve.

XNemesis
join:2002-11-16
Kitchener, ON

2 edits

XNemesis

Yeah, that's all I want to do is use the E2000 as an access point.

I checked out the TPLink 8840 settings and it is in Bridge mode. I connect an ethernet cable as you instructed from one of the LAN ports on the 8840 to the WAN port on the E2000.

I run the setup software from Linksys but it is unable to complete the setup process and indicates it cannot find the device or something as such.

Any ideas?

edit: Also, how do I access the configuration page for the Linksys as 192.168.1.1 default to the TPLink instead.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to XNemesis

MVM

to XNemesis
Did you try this link?

Regards