pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

[DIRECTV] HR-24/100 locking up with LAN connected

I have been having a nagging problem with my HR24 receiver locking up when I connect it to the LAN.

Last Fall I tried connecting to the LAN to enable streaming or viewing of content and the connection seemed to work as I was able to watch some stuff on my iPad . However a little while later I tried to acess the receiver to watch programs on my tv and the receiver was unresponsive. Pressing the red button was the only way to reset it. Since I seldom stream, did not think much of it and moved on with things. Thinking it was a software bug that would be resolved during one of he numerous updates.

Last night I was in the process of redoing my wiring and reconnected the LAN to the receiver, and this morning, the receiver had lost connection with the dish. Removed the cat5, red button, and things were back to normal.

Is this a common problem, or do I have a defective receiver? Anyone else have the same problem?

Tim
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA
Is the Hr24 the only receiver You have? When You connect the lan Go into the menu and test the connection.

It should not cause the receiver to lock up. (however) if you have Whole Connected home Service then it will cause problems connecting that port to your lan.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
I have another in storage in the closet. That second receiver is not connected and there is no whole home DVR service on my account.
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA
Connect the lan and test the connection- It should not effect the Receiver.