join:2004-05-06
Garden Grove, CA
·Charter
Hitron E31N2V1

suprleg to Scilicet

Premium Member

to Scilicet

Re: [Help] Version 7 Doesn't Install Properly

Not to derail the thread, but as an aside, is anyone seeing a performance increase with this version over the initial 7.1.52 client? I've been noticing a slight decrease in my performance and am curious if it's a product of newer wu's being tailored more for the current version.

mr sean
Professional Infidel

join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia

mr sean

From what I have read on the Folding@Home forum and various other team fora you may realize better performance with the newer client. This is especially true for GPU folding but newer CPU cores are optimized as well.

Once again, I have no first hand comparison since I've only used 7.3.6 after my extended vacations from folding.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to suprleg

to suprleg
That's somewhat complicated, especially if you are getting different WUs.

Of course it is more impossible for me since I seldom look at production rate, particularly for me. I just try to make sure they are folding.

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

howieh to suprleg

MVM

to suprleg
said by suprleg:

I've been noticing a slight decrease in my performance and am curious if it's a product of newer wu's being tailored more for the current version.

I'm curious, are you folding on cpu, gpu or both?
Scilicet (banned)
Spaced Out
join:2005-04-11
Aurora, CO

Scilicet (banned) to mr sean

to mr sean
Oh well! I had to remove the GPU client as video for movies just won't work. It's choppy, start and go.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

1 recommendation

squirt

MVM

said by Scilicet:

Oh well! I had to remove the GPU client as video for movies just won't work. It's choppy, start and go.

I'm pretty sure that if you set the 'folding power' at medium or below, the GPU client bows out unless your system is idle ...

mr sean
Professional Infidel

join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia

1 recommendation

mr sean

^^
This.

suprleg
Abracadabra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-06
Garden Grove, CA
·Charter
Hitron E31N2V1

suprleg to howieh

Premium Member

to howieh
said by howieh:

said by suprleg:

I've been noticing a slight decrease in my performance and am curious if it's a product of newer wu's being tailored more for the current version.

I'm curious, are you folding on cpu, gpu or both?

I'm using cpu only...

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

howieh

MVM

On the folding status view, what value do you see next to cpu?