how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

php111

join:2008-11-06
Allentown, PA

Setup Faceless.Me VPN PPTP?

Hey. I ordered Faceless.Me VPN, and it uses PPTP. How exactly do I set this up in step by step? Do I need to setup Faceless VPN using OpenVPN for better security? Or without OpenVPN? If I need OpenVPN then is it free? Or would Faceless VPN by itself would be good protection? Will Faceless hide my real IP? Or what exactly and how do I setup this Faceless VPN? This would be setup on my personal residential computer that is in my personal bedroom.

Thank you!

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
said by php111:

How exactly do I set this up in step by step?

Did you try reading the manual and/or contacting the company for directions? I'm really surprised they
don't even offer a quick guide on how to set up their "software."

said by php111:

Do I need to setup Faceless VPN using OpenVPN for better security? Or without OpenVPN?

Define "better security." Reading over their FAQ, there's PPTP and OpenVPN. Generally speaking,
avoid PPTP like the plague. Look up "bruce schneier pptp" on your search engine of choice for
the reason why.

OpenVPN uses SSL VPN, think the same stuff that you use wiht HTTPS sites, with encryption algoritms
up to AES128.

said by php111:

If I need OpenVPN then is it free? Or would Faceless VPN by itself would be good protection?

After reading up on both in the previous reply, which do you feel better about?

said by php111:

Will Faceless hide my real IP?

I cannot repeat this enough -- VPN is about secure communications over an insecure medium,
like the internet. Any other promise beyond that is snakeoil, pure and simple.

Regards