All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Cuthgar
join:2009-07-14
Palmdale, CA

Cuthgar to Criticals

to Criticals

Re: Should content be produced just for the best players?

Teaches me not to read the 1st post entirely. I'm not sure of the numbers and haven't played for months, but are there that many more people clearing all of the heroic content? Firelands if I remember offered a mount for clearing rags on heroic content, and it wasn't until a few patches after did people start farming it.

With that said, I would not be opposed to them creating an additional boss at the end of the heroic content for those elite players that can clear everything. They could add very rare vanity items (mounts, titles. transmog) that drop off the extra boss to show that they are amongst the few. At the same time, they would need to shut the boss down after each new content patch. As long as it wouldnt take too much development time away from content that everyone could access I don't see the harm in it. I don't think many can clear the brawler's guild stuff but they keep adding harder fights in there.....
Criticals
join:2010-05-30

Criticals

said by Cuthgar:

...With that said, I would not be opposed to them creating an additional boss at the end of the heroic content for those elite players that can clear everything. They could add very rare vanity items (mounts, titles. transmog) that drop off the extra boss to show that they are amongst the few. At the same time, they would need to shut the boss down after each new content patch...

I dont agree with shutting the boss down. This to me would be wasting the content. Also the normal and heroic only bosses have to drop gear. You can just throw a mount and some pets on it. People have to feel like they are really missing out. Everyone can always look at the content as optional because at the end of the day the heroic content doesnt do anything to really make their character more special unless it drops special gear. The gear is to me has to be.