pclover

join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA

1 edit

More HD Channels Santa Cruz, CA

Comcast sent me a notice that they are adding alot of new HD channels July 9th

I count like 50+

It's about time.

I believe this is due to them killing some analog cable and now can re-use that space.

asom

@everestkc.net
Which ones?

Streetlight

join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO
reply to pclover
said by pclover:

Comcast sent me a notice that they are adding alot of new HD channels July 9th

I count like 50+

It's about time.

I believe this is due to them killing some analog cable and now can re-use that space.

We've gotten new HD channels, too, here in Colorado Springs. The problem is that Comcast has removed many premium HD channels and added HD channels that contain commercials. Not really a gain but a definite loss.
--
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.

Sherlock Holmes in
The Boscombe Valley Mystery
A. C. Doyle
Strand Magazine, October 1891

pclover

Santa Cruz, CA
reply to asom
said by asom :

Which ones?

To many to list out.

Would you like me to post the notice they sent me?

Also, It doesn't seem they are removing anything of importance.

Streetlight

join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO
said by pclover:

said by asom :

Which ones?

To many to list out.

Would you like me to post the notice they sent me?

Also, It doesn't seem they are removing anything of importance.

Depends What you pay for. In my case I pay for all the premiums and had them in HD. Now most of the HD feeds are gone.
--
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.

Sherlock Holmes in
The Boscombe Valley Mystery
A. C. Doyle
Strand Magazine, October 1891

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to pclover
Please post this.

From looking at zip code 95060 (Santa Cruz, CA), the Comcast lineup there has not had all the additions that the rest of Northern CA has had, so this isn't new channels, but just catching that market up to the rest of them.

Considering that Cooking Channel HD, Smithsonian HD, Sportsman HD, Ovation HD, TVGN HD, C-SPAN HD, IndiePlex HD and RetroPlex HD have all been added in the rest of the western divisions, I suspect these will be coming to CA soon as all-digital conversions are completed. But it doesn't seem like these are channels that will be new to San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose or Sacramento. CA is still missing BTN HD.

pclover

Santa Cruz, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to pclover
Click for full size
Click for full size
Here you go!

Sorry about the low quality.

Page was to large for me to scan.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to pclover
Yep, it's catching your system up to the rest of the Northern CA systems. It looks like there's a few other things missing that they have like Bloomberg HD, Pac-12 Bay Area HD, and UP HD, but pretty close to what they have. It's a good improvement, but sadly it doesn't mean anything new for the rest of the CA subscribers.

LoveHD

join:2011-07-31
reply to pclover
Comcast should not be removing the HD multi-screen programming of premium movies HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Showtime. There is little incentive to charge over $17 a month for HBO when the only HD one gets is the primary. (Same concept with the other premium movies programmers.)

pclover

Santa Cruz, CA
reply to pclover
Looks like the changes happened overnight.

I noticed that the new Weather Channel HD has no IntelliStar.

I emailed the local tech for input on this.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
said by pclover:

Unfortunately, many of the Comcast headends still do not have the IntelliStar 2 systems to provide Local-on-the-8s in HD:

»Weather channel local on the 8s HD / HD Intellistar thread

»the weather channel local on the 8s hd, when?

pclover

Santa Cruz, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by telcodad:

said by pclover:

Unfortunately, many of the Comcast headends still do not have the IntelliStar 2 systems to provide Local-on-the-8s in HD:

»Weather channel local on the 8s HD / HD Intellistar thread

»the weather channel local on the 8s hd, when?

That's to bad.

Oh well.

gwilliam

join:2010-03-20
reply to pclover
Does the new HD channel add-ons apply for the entire Bay Area or just Santa Cruz County?

SpHeRe31459
Premium
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
said by gwilliam:

Does the new HD channel add-ons apply for the entire Bay Area or just Santa Cruz County?

Most of the Bay (and the Sacramento region) already had those channels. SC is now finally catching up.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
said by SpHeRe31459:

said by gwilliam:

Most of the Bay (and the Sacramento region) already had those channels. SC is now finally catching up.

Comcast just issued a press release about this, says that the new programming "will be available in the following areas: Aptos, Ben Lomond, Boulder Creek, Brookdale, Capitola, Davenport, Felton, La Selva Beach, Mount Herman, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Soquel and Watsonville."

Comcast Finishes Digital Conversion and Launches 139 New TV Networks in Santa Cruz and Surrounding Areas
69 New HD Networks, 17 SD Channels and 53 Multicultural Networks Come to Santa Cruz County After Comcast Successfully Converts to All-Digital Delivery System
Comcast Also Increases Internet Speeds and Launches New Video Packages

PR Newswire - July 9, 2013
»www.prnewswire.com/news-releases···921.html