Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium
join:2001-12-05
CT
Reviews:
·Charter
·AT&T DSL Service

printing shipping labels from gmail

I can never get a label printed inside gmail with firefox.. it's huge and half the print is missed totally.. Usually chrome or IE works but this time they didn't either.. thank goodness for MS Office.. do other people have problems printing from within FF, gmail etc.?

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1

What kind of label?

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium
CT
Reviews:
·Charter
·AT&T DSL Service

said by beck:

What kind of label?

Shipping labels.. usually ones the company like newegg just sent me.. i go to print them in FF and the print and everything is so huge and only half the page will print.. odd.. chrome usually works but that was doing same thing.. MS Office printed it out perfect..

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:18

Try using the print symbol on the email itself, not the one from the menu.
--
I Live In My Own World, But It's OK.....They Know Me There.

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium
CT
Reviews:
·Charter
·AT&T DSL Service

1 recommendation

said by CCat:

Try using the print symbol on the email itself, not the one from the menu.

Oh wow.. i've never noticed that before..well fixed that problem..

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to Rungel

Web browsers shouldn't even have a "Print" function or if they do, bury it very, very deep and make it hard to find. This causes so much grief or confusion with people....

raster44

join:2003-09-07
Niagara Falls, NY

FireFox's print function is under file and takes you to the select printer and set anything you want the printer to do with your page.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
reply to Rungel

Ever tried Opera... it rell good at catching what you want it to do.
--

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium
CT
Reviews:
·Charter
·AT&T DSL Service

said by Hayward:

Ever tried Opera... it rell good at catching what you want it to do.

Been a long time since i've used Opera .. I just can't believe i was missing this print function...

hawkesrw

join:2013-05-23
Libby, MT

1 recommendation

reply to Rungel

Save it to the desktop and use say Word or compatible. I print it to XPS document reader from the print function on my browser to my desktop then I have a hard and soft copy.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to raster44

said by raster44:

FireFox's print function is under file and takes you to the select printer and set anything you want the printer to do with your page.

said by hawkesrw:

Save it to the desktop and use say Word or compatible. I print it to XPS document reader from the print function on my browser to my desktop then I have a hard and soft copy.

No, no, no - use the "Print" command that is INSIDE the web page, part of the form, or is labeled "Printable copy". If you click File, Print, you will print the entire browser's screen and 99% odds it is NOT what you'll want.