spc
Search similar:

uniqs
MTB
join:2007-06-29
Newport Beach, CA

MTB

Dedicated server recomendation wanted

I was looking for a cost effective dedicated server host to run Debian.

My traffic is low so I really only need one core and 1GB of ram.

I would also consider a co-location program.

thanks
ColocationUS
join:2013-06-19
Los Angeles, CA

ColocationUS

You can check out Colocation America for a cheap dedicated server hosting plan.

We have a Dual Xeon Server with 4 GB RAM, 2 x 74 GB HDD, and 5 TB Bandwidth for $99/mo.

Our colocation plans starts at $75/mo and comes with 1U space, 2 x 120V AC, 100 Mbps Dedicated Port, and 2.5 TB of bandwidth.

Check us out if that sounds interesting. You can also shoot me a pm if you like.

Defiance
Computer Elite
Premium Member
join:2002-09-11
Minocqua, WI
Hitron EN2251
Ubiquiti AmpliFi Alien

Defiance

Premium Member

said by ColocationUS:

We have a Dual Xeon Server with 4 GB RAM, 2 x 74 GB HDD, and 5 TB Bandwidth for $99/mo.

Our colocation plans starts at $75/mo and comes with 1U space, 2 x 120V AC, 100 Mbps Dedicated Port, and 2.5 TB of bandwidth.

Check us out if that sounds interesting. You can also shoot me a pm if you like.

said by ColocationUS:

Just registered yesterday? I wouldn't trust them. Try SoftLayer if you want reliability. I've been with them for over 11 years. Back when it was called ThePlanet too.

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast to MTB

Premium Member

to MTB
I use Server Complete based out of Jacksonville, FL

I have a Duel CPU Quad Core Xeon L5520 Server with 24 GB Ram and 1 TB HDD for $55 a month with 100 Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth.

»dmc-orders.servercomplet ··· -1.order

Jason24
join:2004-01-21
Davenport, FL

Jason24

said by MineCoast:

I have a Duel CPU Quad Core Xeon L5520 Server with 24 GB Ram and 1 TB HDD for $55 a month with 100 Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth.

What has your experience been as far as the performance of their network (throughput, latency, and consistency/reliability)?

Defiance
Computer Elite
Premium Member
join:2002-09-11
Minocqua, WI
Hitron EN2251
Ubiquiti AmpliFi Alien

Defiance to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast
said by MineCoast:

They don't even offer WHM/cPanel in that deal..

Jason24
join:2004-01-21
Davenport, FL

Jason24

said by Defiance:

said by MineCoast:

It still sounds like a pretty good deal, even if you have to supply a license yourself. Most quality dedicated boxes even close to that price dont come anywhere near those specs, hence my question about their network.

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by Jason24:

said by Defiance:

said by MineCoast:

It still sounds like a pretty good deal, even if you have to supply a license yourself. Most quality dedicated boxes even close to that price dont come anywhere near those specs, hence my question about their network.

I'm sorry for not responding sooner. Their network is great. I can max out my 100 Mbps connection without any issue and latency is great. I am located about 400 miles to the east of me and my ping times are around 30-35ms at home and about 15-20 ms from work. I have not had any packet loss or downtime and they have very good reviews on sites such as WHT.
MineCoast

MineCoast to Defiance

Premium Member

to Defiance
said by Defiance:

said by MineCoast:

Not everyone needs WHM/cPanel. I personally run VMWare ESXi on the host and all my VM's are Windows based as I use IIS for web hosting and Exchange Server for my e-mail and Microsoft SQL Server. I don't run anything that uses linux.

nightwalker
Nightwalker
join:1999-08-07
Chicago, IL
ARRIS SB6183
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
Cisco SPA112

nightwalker to MTB

to MTB
You probably only need a VPS then. BudgetVM has some discount VM plans from $5/month

»www.budgetvm.com/linux-vps.php

1024MB RAM
80GB RAID 10 Disk
4 E5-2620 2Ghz CPU
3000 GB Bandwidth
3 IP Addresses
$4.99/month

ssar
Premium Member
join:2013-06-03
Pearcy, AR

1 edit

ssar to MTB

Premium Member

to MTB
If you don't mind VPS I use asmallorange.com but it maybe a long transit time for you in CA.

I have used joesdatacenter.com and they provide affordable services with excellent support if you like the small town mentality.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that asmallorange.com's entire storage node for VPS's are built off of SSD's. They don't use disk'd storage because of response times and failure rates. You can order disk storage on your dedicated choices but you have SSD's for cheaper since that's what they primarily buy. »asmallorange.com/hosting/cloud/
Expand your moderator at work