Search similar:

uniqs

superakcraig
join:2005-03-15
Louisville, KY

1 edit

superakcraig

[E-Mail] Switched to TWC Email - iPhone/iPad: Louisville, K

So I created a new twc email account today. Ive setup thunderbird on my pc without any issues. I can send and receive without issue.

I setup my iPhone, I can send and receive via cellular signal but if I connect to my wifi, I can receive but not send. Please keep in mind this is the same wifi I can send using thunderbird on my pc.

Has anyone run into this? And trust me, the twc website instructions for setting up an iPhone are not correct, at least for my wifi.

What outgoing settings are you using on your iPhone/iPad?
dhudd
join:2009-08-19
Louisville, KY

1 recommendation

dhudd

Yes,different settings are required for non-TWC Pop 3 mail.
Here are the settings for when you are not on your home Wi-FI:
I received these via the TWC chat,customer service.

When you're not on/using RR network to access RR emails, you need to change the outgoing port number to 587 along with authentication.
Please make sure to uncheck SSL as we don't support it.
And please make sure to enter the complete email address in Account Name or Username field.

I know,it is a pain.I suggest you set up a Gmail account,configure your TWC account on Google,and forward to your phone.
That's my comment,not TWC !

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

superakcraig

Wow that is a pain but thanks for the information. Already have two gmail accts so I should be good with that.

Who would have thought that different connection types required different settings. What a load!!! Insight didn't work like this.
superakcraig

superakcraig

I think I need to clarify something dhudd, what you described is not what I'm talking about.

When I am on my WIFI network at the house, I CANNOT send emails from my TWC account using my Iphone. When I am connected to cell signal, it works perfectly. One would think it might be the other way around, but not in my case.

As I mentioned above, I can send using Thunderbird on my PC on the same network.

Anybody have any suggestions?
superakcraig

superakcraig

With some testing, I was able to REVERSE it. Now I can send emails using my TWC account on my WIFI using my Iphone. Now I can't send emails using my TWC account using my cellular signal.

I did this by removing my username and password from the outgoing mail server settings.

This is so weird!
superakcraig

1 recommendation

superakcraig

So with ABSOLUTELY NO HELP from TWC Tech support, I figured it out on my own. So if there are TWC tech people that browse this site, take notes starting now....

To get your iphone/ipad to SEND emails from your home wifi connection, you need to direct the outgoing mail server to mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com

All other settings stay the same.

I have to say at this point, I am NOT impressed with TWC and may seriously consider ATT Uverse.

Now lets see if I can fix my issue of my insight email not forwarding correctly to my TWC email address. JEEZ!!!!

Macy
South Of Insanity
MVM,
join:2001-12-02
Pink Beanbag

Macy

MVM,

Thank you for doing all the work, I'm going to see if it works on my iPad later today, I messed around with it some yesterday but did not try changing the outgoing mail server.

As far as your email forwarding, have you registered with the service that TWC is using? I posted this several days ago but I am not forwarding email yet so I don't know if it works, my neighbor says it's working for him. »Re: [E-Mail] Was the TWC Louisvilles Transition postponed June17

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

superakcraig

Thank you Macy for that link. The thing is I have already done that process TWICE. I even have the emails to prove it and the sad part is, it still isn't working. I sent an email to my insight acct from my gmail acct expecting to eventually show in my TWC inbox but it didn't work. It stayed in my Insight inbox.
PaulS0
join:2013-06-20
Louisville, KY

PaulS0

I'm new here and found this thread on google.
I transferred my Insight email account to a TWC account yesterday and I have not been able to get either my I-Phone or I-Pad set up. I have spent over an hour on the phone with TWC customer service, but they were no help. I can send mail, but i cannot receive it. Any help on ports to use?
Thanks

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

1 edit

2 recommendations

superakcraig

This is has been a complete mess!!! I could say something about the tech support or the lack of it, but I will refrain.

Yep I can help:

Incoming Mail Server: mail.twc.com
Username: yourname@twc.com
password: ###########
Port 110

Outgoing Mail Server:mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com (yes I know that doesn't make sense but look who we are dealing with)
Username:yourname@twc.com
Password: ###########
Use SSL : NO
Authentication: Password
Server Port: 25

By doing this, it will allow you to send and receive emails whether you are connected to your WIFI or your cell service.
said by PaulS0:

I'm new here and found this thread on google.
I transferred my Insight email account to a TWC account yesterday and I have not been able to get either my I-Phone or I-Pad set up. I have spent over an hour on the phone with TWC customer service, but they were no help. I can send mail, but i cannot receive it. Any help on ports to use?
Thanks

PaulS0
Louisville, KY

PaulS0

I wish I could say that your suggestion worked, but sadly, it did not. I can still send email, but I can't receive. The fellow from Time Warner in the Phillipines was supposed to call me back. Needless to say, he did not. I guess I will have to call Time Warner again.
Thanks for trying.

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

superakcraig

PaulS,

If you don't mind me asking, are you trying to send emails via WIFI in your home, or via cell service?

Also, what are your actual inbound server mail settings on either your Iphone or Ipad?

I would like to help if I can (its more than TWC wants to do anyways)
said by PaulS0:

I wish I could say that your suggestion worked, but sadly, it did not. I can still send email, but I can't receive. The fellow from Time Warner in the Phillipines was supposed to call me back. Needless to say, he did not. I guess I will have to call Time Warner again.
Thanks for trying.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose to superakcraig

to superakcraig
The server names are irrelevant, the DNS lookup for it just sends it to the proper cluster.

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

superakcraig

Tell that to my Iphone as I tried multiple DNS servers (OpenDNS, Google, and the TWC DNS from the router) with the outgoing mail server being mail.twc.com without results. Once I changed the mail server the roadrunner.com as I mentioned above, it worked.
said by OSUGoose:

The server names are irrelevant, the DNS lookup for it just sends it to the proper cluster.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

What I was trying to say, the way TWC has it configured it's not caring so much that you using the right Division's SMTP server, all its doing is checking if its a valid user/pass when you use the mobile SMTP server.

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

superakcraig

Oh oh I got you now. The sad part,it doesn't say that ANYWHERE in there Iphone setup instructions. It was a shot in the dark and it worked. Go figure
said by OSUGoose:

What I was trying to say, the way TWC has it configured it's not caring so much that you using the right Division's SMTP server, all its doing is checking if its a valid user/pass when you use the mobile SMTP server.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

That's because normally it would use your Cellphone Carriers SMTP server. My guess is that the twc.com domain is so new that Apple don't know what to auto populate for it yet, and just assumed what would work.

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

superakcraig

Apple may not know yet but neither does TWC as the instructions are on the TWC website. HAHA!
PaulS0
Louisville, KY

1 recommendation

PaulS0 to superakcraig

to superakcraig
Superakcraig:

Today I was away from home and using the AT&T service on my I-phone. When I got home, I deleted the TWC accounts on both my I-Phone and I-Pad and re-entered them using the TWC suggestions. The I-Pad now works with the TWC mail servers, but I had to use you suggestion on the I-phone to use the roadrunner SMTP. I have no idea why it is working now as I tried everything earlier and nothing would work. Thanks for your help.

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

1 recommendation

superakcraig

Awesome, glad you got it to work and you're welcome.
swittie
join:2013-06-26
La Grange, KY

swittie to superakcraig

to superakcraig
2 hrs consumed and tried every permutation of the above setups. Switched back to my Insight account on i5 and works.

Looking for more suggestions.

3 calls to TWC and one to Apple (wanted to charge me 29.00)

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

superakcraig

Hey Swittie,

So this doesn't work? It is working for my iphone5.

Incoming Mail Server: mail.twc.com
Username: yourname@twc.com
password: ###########
Port 110

Outgoing Mail Server:mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com (yes I know that doesn't make sense but look who we are dealing with)
Username:yourname@twc.com
Password: ###########
Use SSL : NO
Authentication: Password
Server Port: 25

Making sure that you have the Outgoing Mail Server correct as if you let the Iphone suggest the outgoing mail server, it will be wrong.

Are you trying to connect via WIFI or Cellular?
Are you trying to send or receive?
said by swittie:

2 hrs consumed and tried every permutation of the above setups. Switched back to my Insight account on i5 and works.

Looking for more suggestions.

3 calls to TWC and one to Apple (wanted to charge me 29.00)

swittie
join:2013-06-26
La Grange, KY

swittie

it worked AFTER I disabled VPN that Onavo was using.
Thanks.
Now, my email from .insightbb.com does not seem to be forwarding.
Next adventure. Any tips?

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

superakcraig

Great, glad its working for you now. Yeah that VPN would cause that issue.

Actually I might be able to help. If you have gone through the process of forwarding your insight email, what I discovered recently was that if you go to the web version of TWC email, there will be a folder called "managed folders" and within that should be your Insight email. You will not get a notification from your TWC email that there is a new email in that folder. It just shows up.

So I would NOT disable your iphone from getting your insight email just yet or any other device for that matter.
said by swittie:

it worked AFTER I disabled VPN that Onavo was using.
Thanks.
Now, my email from .insightbb.com does not seem to be forwarding.
Next adventure. Any tips?

Greg_J
@mycingular.net

Greg_J to superakcraig

Anon

to superakcraig
This works perfectly. I chatted with TWC no service earlier and they were no help. They suggested I call Apple. I told them their setup instructions were incomplete and asked how Apple was going to help me with that. Thanks for figuring this out!!!!

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

superakcraig

Glad I could help out. It was a pain and you are right, the instructions on the TWC site are incomplete.

This is not a good start for TWC as far as I'm concerned.

Kristie
@insightbb.com

Kristie

Anon

I appreciate your posts as I have been unsucessfully trying to add my twc.com email to my iphone. When I try to add a new account i have incoming and outgoing mail server with blanks for user name and passwords. I get the error message cannot connect with SSL. But I dont have blanks to input the other information you posted above. How do i get there? Thanks!

superakcraig
Louisville, KY

1 recommendation

superakcraig

Sorry just saw this post, are you still having issues? If so I can provide step by steps for your iPhone.

Gracet
@insightbb.com

Gracet

Anon

I am having issues as well. My iPhone is working with the incoming set as mail.twc.com but my ipad will not work with either mail.twc.com or pop-server.twc.com as the tw rep said. Keeps tellin me to check my information. Any ideals?
Gracet

Gracet to superakcraig

Anon

to superakcraig
I have my iphone4s working but not my Ipad. Phone setting is working with mail.twc.com but ipad does not. I am using the mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com port 587 no ssl on both. Have tried switching to pop-server.twc.com per tw rep but no luck with it either on my ipad. Any suggestions?