share rss forum feed

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

Unlimited for $10

I got some junk mail yesterday, in which if I sign up form some super duper plan that costs me over $100/month Rogers will offer me unlimited for a mere $10.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
I'm sure the $100 plan refers to all three services but if you already have TV, Home Phone and Internet yes you can get the unlimited tiers for $10 extra. I know one person who does have all three. The thing is though if you do, it's actually a good deal for once, there's no contract.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by mlerner:

I'm sure the $100 plan refers to all three services but if you already have TV, Home Phone and Internet yes you can get the unlimited tiers for $10 extra. I know one person who does have all three. The thing is though if you do, it's actually a good deal for once, there's no contract.

Correct I wasn't clear enough, it does include tv and internet, not sure about home phone.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
I can't remember all the fine print and details on that one as I don't often look at those mailings but I would have probably taken it had I needed TV service.

I'm getting annoyed that they keep sending me addressed offers though as often it's a "free" security system or overpriced phone service.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
said by mlerner:

I'm getting annoyed that they keep sending me addressed offers though as often it's a "free" security system or overpriced phone service.

You can ask to be placed on a do not solicit list.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
Yea, getting taken to the cleaners for 3 Rogers services. Wonderful deal. Rogers giving us the opportunity to add $10 MORE to our monthly bloodletting at the altar of greed.

For our $100 plus monthly donation, Rogers in their infinite generosity, allowing us to spend $10 more. Here's hoping the Pope himself will raise Rogers to sainthood for this living miracle.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
reply to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

Doesn't work. I was a Rogers cell phone customer for 4 years. I asked on 7 separate occasions to be put on the do not solicit list. I actually noted the dates and times of the last 5 occasions simply because the first two attempts didn't work.

I left them after that.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by HeadSpinning:

said by yyzlhr:

Doesn't work.

They were calling me 3 times a week.
Three or 4 pieces of snail mail every month.
The last time they called I threatened to cancel.
No calls nor snail mail since.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
reply to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

said by yyzlhr:

Doesn't work. I was a Rogers cell phone customer for 4 years. I asked on 7 separate occasions to be put on the do not solicit list. I actually noted the dates and times of the last 5 occasions simply because the first two attempts didn't work.

I left them after that.

They probably didn't know how to get you on the list. Once you're on the list you shouldn't receive any sort of marketing. Even if you walk into a Rogers store, the sales rep isn't allowed to attempt to sell you anything you didn't ask for if they see the "do not solicit" on your account.

awebber
Premium
join:2003-04-02
Gloucester, ON
reply to elwoodblues
Bell offers unlimited for $10 (3+ services, or in some multi-dwelling cases 2 services) or $30 (1-2 services).

Rogers advertises $10 for unlimited on the bundles page but doesn't mention a price here »www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeedB···ultPlans

Is it in fact $30 for unlimited if you only have Rogers internet? It's not entirely unreasonable since the Internet-only customer will probably suck up a lot more data watching videos than someone who also has cable TV.

Thanks!
=aw
--
Webber's occasional bargain blog: www.wwwebber.com

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
said by awebber:

Is it in fact $30 for unlimited if you only have Rogers internet? It's not entirely unreasonable since the Internet-only customer will probably suck up a lot more data watching videos than someone who also has cable TV.

It's not that, it's to get you to take their overpriced home phone.
--
DPC3825 (bridge mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 1.8.10.1 on a Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.ms - Localphone - UKDDI

rize

@rogers.com
reply to yyzlhr
Follow the instructions here to opt-out of marketing communications.

»tinyurl.com/8pfva7l

awebber
Premium
Gloucester, ON
reply to awebber
The page I referenced above »www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeedB···ultPlans which said "add unlimited until June 30" (but didn't mention a price) no longer mentions unlimited at all. It's also gone from the bundles page where it was listed at $10/mo.

Does anyone think it will come back? I note it's still on Bell's site, though there's no expiry indicated there.

Thanks!
=aw
--

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
said by awebber:

The page I referenced above »www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeedB···ultPlans which said "add unlimited until June 30" (but didn't mention a price) no longer mentions unlimited at all. It's also gone from the bundles page where it was listed at $10/mo.

Does anyone think it will come back? I note it's still on Bell's site, though there's no expiry indicated there.

Thanks!
=aw

I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere. I wonder if Bell will yank theirs now too.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

awebber
Premium
Gloucester, ON
I'm guessing they will, since they work in lockstep. Though Bell offered (and still offers) extra bandwidth for $5, $10, $15, or $25, in addition to the $30 unlimited option. I think those existed before the $30 unlimited.

=aw
--

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
said by awebber:

I'm guessing they will, since they work in lockstep. Though Bell offered (and still offers) extra bandwidth for $5, $10, $15, or $25, in addition to the $30 unlimited option. I think those existed before the $30 unlimited.

=aw

It's technically discontinued. Codes are still in the system and are active for product code cleanup and to address any potential provisioning errors only.

awebber
Premium
Gloucester, ON
Thanks. You mean all of them or just the unlimited for $30? And did it end Jun 30?

=aw
--

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
said by awebber:

Thanks. You mean all of them or just the unlimited for $30? And did it end Jun 30?

=aw

All of them ended june 30th.

awebber
Premium
Gloucester, ON

1 edit
Stupid question, does that apply to Bell in QC too? Guess I could check Videotron site to find out about Bell QC.

=aw
--

abitbent

join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON
reply to elwoodblues
Funny how if you subscribe to all their other services, that network congestion suddenly goes away and you can have unlimited.

Absolute crooks.

Jhero
Premium
join:2003-10-10
Ottawa, ON
reply to elwoodblues
If it means anything, I saw that the unlimited promotion is going on until July 19th »www.rogers.com/web/content/unlimitedinternet

and called in today. Managed to get unlimited (have Ultimate, phone, tv) for $10 (versus $30?)

On top of that, since I am getting a discount on my internet, it applies to the $10 add-on as well and I'm actually only paying an additional $7 now for unlimited

So call in and ask! YMMV

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
said by Jhero:

If it means anything, I saw that the unlimited promotion is going on until July 19th »www.rogers.com/web/content/unlimitedinternet

and called in today. Managed to get unlimited (have Ultimate, phone, tv) for $10 (versus $30?)

On top of that, since I am getting a discount on my internet, it applies to the $10 add-on as well and I'm actually only paying an additional $7 now for unlimited

So call in and ask! YMMV

Discounts do not apply to the unlimited portion of the monthly service fee. Whoever told you that was wrong.

Jhero
Premium
join:2003-10-10
Ottawa, ON
Hmm, I'll reconfirm with my next bill then

MyrddinEmrys

join:2011-11-29
Scarborough, ON
reply to yyzlhr
Not true for me, my discounts are being applied to my unlimited tier; I have one price, not extra for an add on.

It's just like Rogers to apply different rules to different accounts.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
said by MyrddinEmrys:

Not true for me, my discounts are being applied to my unlimited tier; I have one price, not extra for an add on.

Calculate the discount you actually received. You'll notice that the discount amount reflect a percentage based discount off the capped price and not the unlimited price.

MyrddinEmrys

join:2011-11-29
Scarborough, ON
said by yyzlhr:

said by MyrddinEmrys:

Calculate the discount you actually received. You'll notice that the discount amount reflect a percentage based discount off the capped price and not the unlimited price.

Ok... thank you for that confidence in my math skills.

As I stated, my discount is applied to the whole cost of my unlimited tier.

RLBL

join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
reply to elwoodblues
It looks like the promo is back on until July 19...

Considering what Bell, Tek and Start (others?) are doing... I wonder why they don't just leave it up permanently.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
said by RLBL:

Considering what Bell, Tek and Start (others?) are doing... I wonder why they don't just leave it up permanently.

Old Rogers needs to revamp their entire broadband packaging or they'll soon be the new Blackberry RIM market failure on the block. Apparently, less than .03% of Canadian customers subscribe to 150/10. With Rogers ridiculous caps/prices and counting upload usage toward your cap along with their dismal upload speeds, Rogers is on the fast train to nowhere.

New USA Cablevision broadband packages:

•Standard "Basic" OOL - 15 Mbps down, 5 Mbps up.
•Ultra50 (formally Boost+) - 50 Mbps down, 25 up.
•Ultra101 (formally Ultra) - 101 Mbps down, 35 Mbps up.

»Leaked Memo: New Cablevision Speeds Arrive July 15

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to MyrddinEmrys
said by MyrddinEmrys:

Ok... thank you for that confidence in my math skills.

As I stated, my discount is applied to the whole cost of my unlimited tier.

That's not different rules for different accounts then, that's just a plain old mistake.

Many people have tried and failed to have the unlimited portion discounted, and so far you're the only one who has ever had success with that (or at least the only one who has posted, and you know how people like to brag so I'm sure someone else would have posted by now if they had any success at it).

And yyzlhr's comment was a valid one, not an attack on your math skills. I think most people assumed they would see 3 line items: $122, $30, and $-85.4. When they only see $152 and $-85.4 they just assume the discount is on the total amount without realizing that it's not.

bdoyledimou

join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON
hold on -- i am paying $152 and only have a -$24 and its listed as "only to sept"

Regular charges
Apr 28 - May 27 Usage Charge(0GB@$0.00/GB) $0.00
Jun 28 - Jul 27 Hi-Speed Ultimate Unlimited $152.99
Savings: Internet Discount - 6 Months- ends Sep $-24.00

how do i get this -$85.4