Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Knucklehead

join:2013-06-17
Buchanan Dam, TX

3 recommendations

[Pets] One more time...

Well, Cabeza is going under the knife again today. This lump is too big to freeze off. The Dr. wants to keep her overnight. We'll see how it goes.

It's peculiar...I have no veterinarian degree, but I believe I know more about my little dog than a whole room full of vets.

All I really want is my little knucklehead back home licking me on my face. I'll bet she's going to be chapped.

Greg
--
conserve water

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9

2 recommendations

I hope the surgery goes well and she's home and happy tomorrow.

santy
Don't Follow Me, I'M Lost Too
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-10
Wilmington, IL
kudos:1

2 recommendations

reply to Knucklehead
I'll second onDvine See Profile's post. Hope all goes well with a quick recovery and back to giving you kisses all over your face.
--
You don't quit playing 'cause you're OLD. You're old BECAUSE you quit playing!!

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO

2 recommendations

reply to Knucklehead
And a "third" on D's post!

Where is/was this lump located??? Glad she's getting it removed.

Knucklehead

Buchanan Dam, TX

1 recommendation

Jo, it's the skin cancer, as before. The lumps always show up on her underbelly, right where the leg meets the torso.

I got a call from them around 4:30 pm. She should have been in surgery around noon, and ready to spend the night or leave by 5. Instead, they cited delay after delay, and said she might not get operated on until 7 - 8 pm. When I dropped her off, I noticed they had all new staff, and no one seemed to know what was going on. They even tried to charge me for things already paid for.

Needless to say, I went and got her and brought her home. Her regular doctor can do the surgery, they had merely referred me to the oncologist because they could do cryogenic(?) procedures.

What was once a competent office seems to have gone downhill. I won't take her there again. Good news, they did manage to do the ultrasound, and found no other subdural masses other than the one we observed.

Zounds!

Of course, all this seems so petty in light of Dominokat's loss. At least I still have my little girl. We'll try to get Cabby in to her vet next week.
--
conserve water

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

2 recommendations

Bugger that damned cancer, Knuck!!!

Even with a beloved pet, it's always an issue with it. Been there, done that with a couple of my dogs too, so you have my sympathies on what you're going through with her.

After hearing about the specialty office, I think I'd be off to my own vet too!!!
--
"I can't save them all, but I sure as hell CAN help move them to safety." - Jo

"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 edit

2 recommendations

reply to Knucklehead
It doesn't seem petty at all. I don't believe we can make comparisons like that because we never know who's next.
said by jopfef:

Bugger that damned cancer, Knuck!!! ...

I'll second that. We lost one of our cats (Ernie-picture in Helix Pets) to intestinal lymphoma last September and I'm being treated for lung cancer that hid out in a lymph node from 2010 until early this year. Too many folks we all know have friends and loved ones fighting cancer and it totally sucks.

Knucklehead

Buchanan Dam, TX

5 recommendations

reply to Knucklehead
Update:
I dropped Cabbie off at 7:30 this morning. At 10:45, I got a call from her Doctor that all had gone well. They had to put a drainage tube in her because the lump was so deep, so there will be a rigatoni noodle protruding from her until Tuesday. No swimming this weekend, and don't let her mess with the 'pasta'!
I will pick her up around 4 pm.
Gee, I sure love our vet!
--
conserve water