spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mr_slick
join:2003-05-22
Lynnwood, WA

mr_slick

Strange straight talk phone SMS issues

My girlfriend just got a new phone from Straight Talk (LG Optimus Zip (L75C) on the Verizon network).

Everything works good except she cannot receive SMS from anybody EXCEPT Verizon network phones. We have troubleshooted with tech support and they do not seem to understand the issue or do not know how to fix it. Any advice on what to say to them would be appreciated- should we try calling Verizon (would they give us the time of day?).

To recap:
-Data works both directions on all carriers (including MMS messages).
-Voice works both directions on all carriers.
-Text (SMS) can be sent to any carrier, but only received from phones operating on the Verizon network (same network hers is running on).

*Personally I told her it is probably a lost cause and she should send the phone back within her 30days... still any help would be great!

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna

Premium Member

My granddaughter had a similar (or same actually) problem with a phone on either Sprint or Verizon. Couple of years ago. Long story short, I believe they ended up sending the phone back. I can't ask right now as my daughter is sleeping (works nights). I would recommend either sending the phone back or taking it to a walkin Straight Talk center (WalMart).

mr_slick
join:2003-05-22
Lynnwood, WA

mr_slick

That's what I am afraid is going to have to happen (send it back). I doubt the walmart staff are going to be any better than 4 different reps and a "supervisor" from india

I thank you for your advice though

I did some research and it seems to happen a lot, but most people report the opposite (they cannot get txt from verizon, but others are fine).

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

1 recommendation

La Luna

Premium Member

No, I doubt the WalMart staff could fix the problem, but they *may* be able to exchange the phone. Possibly, not 100% sure. Might be worth a try if you are close to one. Good luck, I hope you get it sorted out, I know it's very frustrating.

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium Member
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

ARGONAUT to mr_slick

Premium Member

to mr_slick
Have you tried a different app like GO SMS Pro?
»play.google.com/store/ap ··· ms&hl=en

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Bulger, PA

2 edits

tp0d

Premium Member

looks like yer not the only one..

»community.verizonwireles ··· e/794028

Did she port her number from VZW? if so, her old account may need purged in their system.. (or substitute vz for other carrier)

ref-- »forums.att.com/t5/Data-M ··· /2722515

2nd to last post..

i doubt this is an issue with the fone itself. definitely in the switch or accounting system, tied to the actual fone#

good luck

-j