join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

4 recommendations

Dominokat

Premium Member

Re: Callie has passed on.

Your posts are making me cry more!
I miss her so much. I occasionally swing my head thinking I see her streaking by on the porch.... I am so sad and heart broken.
But, I know I did the right thing for Callie. Last week she didn't eat much but came out of it and ended up eating a pile of food a couple days later. I had hoped she would come out of it again and do the same thing. She was still strong and even caught a chipmunk! But in the last two days she went downhill incredibly fast. When I realized she was so weak to even jump onto my bed and arm chair I knew her time was close. This morning, she was hardly able to walk... that is when I made the decision that it was her time. Not to mention her finding "odd" places to lay down, or when I picked her up she expressed discomfort. It was her time, and I didn't want her to suffer more then she had to. So I had to do what I didn't want to, put her to sleep, peacefully. She died in my arms and with my love.

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

2 recommendations

onDvine

Premium Member

said by Dominokat:

Your posts are making me cry ...

You're not crying for her alone. When others' pets die, I cry for theirs and for my own, as well.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

2 recommendations

Sunny to Dominokat

to Dominokat
Tears are not a bad thing, Dom. You are right to let them flow. We each grieve in our own way and our own time and it can make things hard on us to try to hold it back when it is time.