spc
uniqs

Tremaine
@rogers.com

Tremaine to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre

Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule UPDATED June 6th

Thanks for the reply Andre - just have to put a reminder in for myself to call in on the 6th.

Off-Topic but tech related, can you guys provision modems ahead of time? I've got a 6121 sittin here to replace my 6120 I had with you guys.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

If you have current active service, we can certainly swap the current modem on file for you now. Just need to post in the direct (may need to register first) or call/email in.

Hope this helps.

Tremaine
@rogers.com

Tremaine

Anon

Hi Andre,

No, my service goes active on July 1st so I will have to wait then?

How long does it take to provision?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

The turn around time for anything sent to Rogers takes up to 48hrs.

Martin
zdiva
join:2010-07-23
Buffalo, NY

zdiva to Tremaine

to Tremaine
Scarlett here. Currently on "grandfathered" speed 18/0.5. Placed my order through MyWorld on Jun 15th to upgrade to 25/2. So far no communication from Teksavvy whatsoever. No confirmation email. no phone call. Total silence. Should I re-send the order again or wait or what? Do not have time for being on hold for hours on the phone - as others have experienced. Please advise!

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Hello zdiva,

Please feel free to reach out to us in the direct forum »/forum ··· avdirect with your account information so that we can investigate this further with you.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan

Tremaine
@rogers.com

Tremaine to JenSuisUn

Anon

to JenSuisUn
So am I screwed for 2 days then waiting on them to provision the new modem as I don't have my old one?

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC

TSI Gabe

Premium Member

Guys Wolfdale, Comstock and Bloor were just upgraded. Those were the last upgrades that we needed until we fully migrate to ATPIA.

eldiablo
Premium Member
join:2013-06-14
canada

eldiablo

Premium Member

I'm in Mississauga and would like to know if that means Aug. 9 will be the new tier availability.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

2 edits

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Mississauga is served by Wolfdale POI, migration is tenatively 12-Aug baring any delays. (Theres been a few, and 3 wk delay has been mentioned someplace). So anyways watch for TSI Marc's posts or other TSI Staff announcements.

Meanwhiles in the interim while awaiting migration to the aggregated system - there are additional GigE links being put in to alleviate some of the bandwidth availibity until the migration happens. Click here: Capacity Update for more information.

•Oh and just in this thread now, I just noticed three posts back TSI Gabe says Wolfdale was allready upgraded, sorry but you guys are good for now.

eldiablo
Premium Member
canada

eldiablo

Premium Member

I called CSR and just checked MY World and still no sign of upgraded tier. I am still on 28/1 and would like to move up to 45/4. Have a SB6120 and do realize the modem does not work with 8-channel bonding (150/10). Any updates on this change.

I am in Mississauga as provided in my previous post. thanks.

chaos1105
join:2004-01-18

chaos1105

said by eldiablo:

I called CSR and just checked MY World and still no sign of upgraded tier. I am still on 28/1 and would like to move up to 45/4. Have a SB6120 and do realize the modem does not work with 8-channel bonding (150/10). Any updates on this change.

I am in Mississauga as provided in my previous post. thanks.

Did you review the schedule posted at the beginning of this thread? Mississauga wont be upgraded until August.

eldiablo
Premium Member
canada

eldiablo

Premium Member

According to Gabe, Mississauga just went through an upgrade (ahead of its scheduled time) and I would expect some type of information from their front line customer support (CSR).

Gabe's post is on the previous page/middle.

chaos1105
join:2004-01-18

1 recommendation

chaos1105

said by eldiablo:

According to Gabe, Mississauga just went through an upgrade (ahead of its scheduled time) and I would expect some type of information from their front line customer support (CSR).

Pretty sure he was referring to the non-aggregate upgrade: »[Cable] TPIA (Disaggregated) Capacity UPDATE

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to eldiablo

Premium Member

to eldiablo
said by eldiablo:

Yes, 3 adittional GigE links were turned on at Wolfdale POI (ahead of the migration). This is only to tide the POI over until sometime in August when they finally migrate Wolfdale to the new aggregated system.

eldiablo
Premium Member
canada

1 edit

eldiablo

Premium Member

oh ok. Thought he was actually referring to the final upgrade. Thanks.

I do have another question:

Regarding this offer off "My World" page>>1. For a limited time speed changes are provided at $0. Please allow 15 business days for changes to take effect.

Will this remain in effect until September?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by eldiablo:

oh ok. Thought he was actually referring to the final upgrade. Thanks.

I do have another question:

Regarding this offer off "My World" page>>1. For a limited time speed changes are provided at $0. Please allow 15 business days for changes to take effect.

Will this remain in effect until September?

I'm going to guess it will be waived right up until a little time after all the migrations are complete. So everyone has a chance to switch over from the legacy grandfathered speed packages to the newer Aggregated speed tiers.

I'm going to guess there might be some few who'll want to stay on their grandfathered plans.

I don't know but I'd hazard to guess they'll probably run that right up til around November 15, 2013 maybe but don't quote me on that. That was the date originally when the Migration was supposed to be "cut off" (Though I think they did get another extension for the in case of, just knowing incumbents and their delays).

In anycase all TPIA will eventually be Aggregated-TPIA in all area's.

Just keep your eyes on the forum here for any news from TSI Staff.

*Cheers*
derek_x
join:2010-11-23
Thornhill, ON

derek_x to eldiablo

to eldiablo
Sorry, I've been out of the loop on this... can some please fill me in: is there a Teksavvy offer? I know there is a hardware upgrade in progress but that's it.

I'm on
1)bdr01.chatham.teksavvy.com (Thornhill, ON)
2)I use DCM475 modem
3)my plan is Extreme 28/1