All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JH28
@bankofamerica.com

JH28

Anon

[DVR] Anyone get a survey about DVR options?

I got one yesterday and filled it out this morning. Basically they are taking a survey to get feedback on dvr options they may offer.

the 3 they showed were the current multi room with 2 tuners, a 6 tuner (500 gb) and a 12 tuner (1 tb). The monthly fees were like $3 11 and $21.

here's the kicker. One question asked...if you had to pay a $150 one time fee at the start would you do it? WHAT?!!!! I answered no i wish hell no had been an option
bgartz
join:2006-04-03
Hightstown, NJ

bgartz

I got one and had some different options. but same basic idea. The storage numbers were double what you listed for my survey.

I was not sure how to read the prices since I have a MDVR (free for live) and a 2nd DVR ($16). So this could end up cheaper for me or more expensive. Since the regular priced MDVR is $20 does this new cost replace that since all the boxes need to be swiped out.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL to JH28

Premium Member

to JH28
On the up-front $150 fee... how was that worded? Would that be a replacement for the monthly lease fee? Or would that be an up-front fee to get the monthly fee down to some acceptable level? I'm guessing the latter. In which case, I would probably be ok with that if it let me shave off a couple bucks a month for the DVR.

JH28
@bankofamerica.com

JH28

Anon

I don't recall the exact wording I'm sure someone will post the exact, but it said something like, would you be willing to pay a 1 time fee (might have said equiment fee) of $149.99

and a previous question had showed the fee scale as $3 $11 and $21 monthly. So maybe the $149.99 replaces the monthly rental fee.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

Actually, putting both together, it sounds like the $150 up front fee may be to get the prices down to the levels that they mentioned. Right now the multi-room DVR is $20/month. It sounds like they're saying 'you would pay $150 up front, and we drop your rental fee to $3'. If that's the case, then my response would be 'hell yeah!' I would make up that $150 in less than 9 months, given that scenario.
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565 to JH28

to JH28
The one time fee of $150 was stated to cover replacing your existing STBs with new hardware

JH28
@bankofamerica.com

JH28

Anon

ok thanks. I guess they're testing if they charge the fee and lower the monthly cost, or keep the pricing structure as is with that question.

I couldn't remember how it read exactly i was half asleep.

I voted for the middle dvr choice. I really don't need 1 tb or hard drive space and 12 tuners.
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565 to JH28

to JH28
For me it was $3 for 500g/2 Tuner, $11 for 1Tb/6 Tuner, $21 for 2tb/12 tuner. I also picked middle option and voted hell no for the $150 one time fee
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to JH28

to JH28
How did you receive this survey? Was it by signing in to MyVerizon? Was it in the mail? Or was it an email?

I ask because I have not received this survey yet, and give my opinion. Plus I want to cover all my basis.

Thanks
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to JH28

to JH28
This sounds kind of like what Directv does. They charge an upfront fee of like $200 but then the monthly DVR cost is only about $6. At least that's how it worked a few years ago. I don't know if it has since changed.

Would I be willing to pay $150 just to swap out my box for an upgraded model? I probably would, considering I have no intentions of leaving Verizon anytime soon, and the 6-tuner DVR would really come in handy.
JackBauer
join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY

JackBauer

This is a little peculiar.

Supposedly the new media center is due out "by september".

It's now almost July... Are they really waiting until now to determine their pricing strategy?
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by JackBauer:

This is a little peculiar.

Supposedly the new media center is due out "by september".

It's now almost July... Are they really waiting until now to determine their pricing strategy?

Remember, this is Verizon time. "By September" could mean December, next March, or even September 2014.

JH28
@bankofamerica.com

JH28 to webcobbler

Anon

to webcobbler
it was an email
Grampy3
join:2009-11-10
Hudson, MA

Grampy3

Here it is:
Help Us Understand Your Entertainment Needs
06/19/13 08:48 AM
"Verizon FiOS Team"
To:
XXXXX
Dear Valued Customer:

We want to deliver the very best TV experience possible to our customers, so we’re conducting a brief survey to better understand the level of customer interest in a service we are considering making available to customers like you. By participating in this survey, you can help shape the future of Verizon FiOS TV service.

We’ve hired an independent market research firm, The Taylor Research & Consulting Group, Inc., to conduct this survey on our behalf.

The survey should take no more than a few minutes.

To access this survey, please click the following link:
XXXXXXX

We promise you that no one will attempt to sell you anything as a result of participating in this survey. The findings will be used for research purposes only, and the identities of the participants will be kept completely confidential. We’re sure you will find your participation in this survey exciting and fun!

Thank you in advance for completing our survey.

Sincerely,

Verizon FiOS Team
Steve3
join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

Steve3

The only thing I would like in the future, is that the external hard drive can transfer to a new box without losing content.
brutus
join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL

brutus

I never get these surveys, but I have CableCARD. I do have to laugh at their storage options. If I have 12 tuners, how is 1TB or even 2TB going to be enough. Of course the switch to Mpeg4 here would help with this.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to JH28

to JH28
Do any of you realize you agreed to a non-disclosure agreement when you completed the survey?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

People have no clue about NDA's these days...

Welcome to the interwebs.
navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson to JH28

to JH28
I already pay $20 a month for my current DVR(7232). I have an external hard drive attached.

I would love the new media DVR. However, I won't get it if I have to pay a dime more than my current DVR.

I already pay over $150 month for only TV and internet service(doubleplay). I am not looking to increase my bill regardless of how "great" this new DVR is.
chewypgh
join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

chewypgh to kes601

to kes601
said by kes601:

Do any of you realize you agreed to a non-disclosure agreement when you completed the survey?

I was thinking the same thing.

BILLP
@verizon.net

BILLP

Anon

How about an accurate recording machine that they have in Europe.
It will record the whole show and not cut off the end of a recording no matter how long it goes. The same for the beginning of a show even if it does not start on time.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to nycdave

MVM

to nycdave
said by nycdave:

I know about NDAs, and tend to respect them. But they must have made the "click to accept terms of NDA" so obscure, I don't think I agreed to it, even though they accepted my input to their questions.

I think the questions you are presented with are based on your existing service. I have no FiOS STB/DVR, only a cablecard for my Moxi, so they wanted to know the acceptable price point for 4 different options from basic to ultra. Not questioned about up-front charge. I was going to post a screen shot, but in the interest of NDA I'll leave it as it is.
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

I agree that there was no NDA this time. And the survey was done using a different third party vendor than prior surveys I did. So I guess they were not as worried about NDAs this time around.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to birdfeedr

to birdfeedr
said by birdfeedr:

said by nycdave:

I know about NDAs, and tend to respect them. But they must have made the "click to accept terms of NDA" so obscure, I don't think I agreed to it, even though they accepted my input to their questions.

For me, the survey would not go past the initial screen until I accepted the NDA.

JH28
@bankofamerica.com

JH28 to kes601

Anon

to kes601
Theree was nothing about a NDA in my survey
brutus
join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL

brutus

Got a survey about digital life protection, but no DVR survey. There was no NDA on it.