spc
Search similar:

uniqs

kb
@rogers.com

kb

Anon

[BC] internet outage?

Anyone in Saanich (Victoria) experiencing internet outage? My wireless connection is not coming up on my computer. I've tried shutting everything down and back on and also checking all the cables with the router. Can't get it fixed, so wondered if it was an outage? Any other ideas why I don't have wireless internet anymore? (I paid my bill!) Thanks in advance.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep
join:2010-12-16

Shaw_Alex

Check the "Online" light on the modem. If it's flashing or off, then there's an issue.

If the modem is online, try this:
1. Unplug both the modem and router.
2. Plug in the modem.
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Plug in the router.
5. Wait 30 seconds.
6. Reboot the computer.

That will resolve most network issues.
If wireless continues to be an issue, you can try this »community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1043

Let me know how that goes.
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000

My Internet was working in the gorge area both last night and this morning.

kb
@rogers.com

kb to Shaw_Alex

Anon

to Shaw_Alex
I also tried resetting the modem as per the instructions at that website and no luck - it's still not coming up.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

Shaw_Alex

Is the online light on the modem solid green?
Send me a message with your account number and I'll check it out.

kb
@rogers.com

kb to Shaw_Alex

Anon

to Shaw_Alex
I tried in that order, but it's not working. All the lights on the router are lit up solid except "PC Activity" is not lit up. On the modem, just the power symbol is lit up, but periodically it blinks off and lights up again - you have to stare at it for a few long seconds to realize it blinks off. I have 2 laptops and a Smartphone and my wireless isn't coming up on any of them.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

Shaw_Alex

Sounds like the modem isn't online.

If you have television or phone service with us, check that to see if signal is getting to your house.

Send me your account number via private message and I'll check it out.

kb
@rogers.com

kb

Anon

Yes, the 'online' light is on solid. What's your email that I should send my account number to?
scubascythan
join:2005-05-14

scubascythan

You have to create an account on these forums and Private Message him.