Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1

T3 Timeouts

After doing a little Googling, it appears T3 timeouts are semi critical. I never paid attention to my modem logs before, but just checked after doing a hard reset on my modem 2 weeks ago. In the past 12 days the modem logged 6 T3 Timeouts. Is this a big deal, or something that can be ignored?

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06

1 recommendation

Everyone gets them, anywhere from one to a few a week is nothing to bother with.

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to Happydude32
depends on how modem is logging them too, 6141 for example will only show 1 most recent t3 even if there are like 10 happening in a row unless there is another message in between u will never know there was more than 1. If you get some packet loss or issues and u see t3 often it could be noise on the line especially upstream.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
reply to Happydude32
What is T3 exactly?

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Here's an explanation of the various timeout errors.

»www.extreame.net.au/blog/1/entry···iptions/

With a few here and there being nothing to be concerned about, I'm not worried about a few T3 Timeouts. Not Sure if Arris modems log the errors the way Moto's do as Kilrathi explained, but I just checked an no T3s since my I started this thread. Guess I'll continue to ignore them unless it becomes a problem.
--
4/17/13 - A Beautiful Day For Freedom, Thank You United States Senate!
Message to Anti-Gun Liberals: HA HA!
Hussein Obama 0 – American Public 1
“the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”
Repeal Obamacare Now!

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by Happydude32:

Here's an explanation of the various timeout errors.

»www.extreame.net.au/blog/1/entry···iptions/

With a few here and there being nothing to be concerned about, I'm not worried about a few T3 Timeouts. Not Sure if Arris modems log the errors the way Moto's do as Kilrathi explained, but I just checked an no T3s since my I started this thread. Guess I'll continue to ignore them unless it becomes a problem.

Thank you! This should in the FAQ.