Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Omega

Re: Still a couple problems...

YOU should read a paper sometime, or maybe because a live near a major manufacture, that I actually PAY ATTENTION to aviation news.
At least a couple time a month their a stories about someone getting ejected/remove from a flight for failing to follow "Turn it off and buckle up" instructions while still on the taxiway.
Flight attendants get up at 1500 feet, YOU have to stay seated until 10K.

and several time a week planes to/from Seattle alone do a return to terminal/closest airport for mechanical reasons and maybe one more for passenger health or discipline problems.

Try googling Emergency landing in google news

and hard cover book?!? do they even make those anymore?
not nearly as distracting as a reader/game/ movie on a little screen.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
quote:
YOU should read a paper sometime, or maybe because a live near a major manufacture, that I actually PAY ATTENTION to aviation news.
At least a couple time a month their a stories about someone getting ejected/remove from a flight for failing to follow "Turn it off and buckle up" instructions while still on the taxiway.
quote:
and several time a week planes to/from Seattle alone do a return to terminal/closest airport for mechanical reasons and maybe one more for passenger health or discipline problems.

Try googling Emergency landing in google news
Which are NOT aborted takeoffs. You just can't switch your statistic mid-discussion. An aborted takeoff is a no-kidding the plane can get up in the air, which can lead stuff flying around the cabin. Emergency landings are fairly commonplace, but they are for a variety of reasons and the crews and passengers know it is coming, so they have time to stow their devices.

quote:
Says the guy who tells me to read a newspaper.
--
What smells like blue?

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Omega:

quote:

You get a hardcover newspaper? really?

see the winky simile face implies humor perhaps sarcasm keep trying you learn about this internet thing someday

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
said by tshirt:

said by Omega:

quote:

You get a hardcover newspaper? really?

see the winky simile face implies humor perhaps sarcasm keep trying you learn about this internet thing someday

I knew perfectly well that you were trying to be cute.
--
What smells like blue?