spc
Search similar:

uniqs

PsychoStreak
join:2000-06-27
Brooklyn, NY

PsychoStreak

BS Statistics

The stat on the SFU completion percentage in Brooklyn is an outright lie.

Verizon's trucks were on my street 2 days ago running fiber down the block. Only instead of doing it through the backyards where their copper lines are, they're using the same poles as the power lines and cable lines, which are in front along the (city owned) sidewalk. Seems they're wiring up the entire neighborhood the same way, and not bothering to use the right of ways. It's definitely going quickly, as the poles offer nice straight runs, but until they start connecting that magic cable to peoples homes, it's nothing but a sham to let them say they're on schedule.

I've been on their FIOS waiting list since they opened it, and have yet to see any correspondence from Verizon. We own the house, there's no landlord to obstruct them in any way.

Verizon's legal team is probably working overtime to somehow make "availability" not equal actually offering service to anyone in the areas where they've run cable. Because I've yet to find a single person who's been contacted.

It really ticks me off because the only other alternatives for broadband in the area are Cablevision (I'll go back to dialup before ever dealing with them again) or DSL of questionable speed from Verizon. With the Megapath buyout of Covad, I don't think there are any other ISPs that offer DSL here besides Verizon anymore.

It really highlights how stock price trumps everything, including sales and revenue. I've been waiting for years for Verizon to offer me FiOS in exchange for money, but they've dragged their asses on it like they did with DSL before that. What sane business ignores people willing to give them money on a monthly basis?

Using their wireless broadband is fast, but tiny data caps, high prices, overage fees and home usage don't fly with me at all, especially on a weather sensitive connection.

At this point, I refuse to get my hopes up about them actually offering FiOS, despite the fiber cable not 10 feet from my front door. It's like they're taunting me with it.