spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dslrepdc

join:2010-04-01

SB6141 - flashing red 'link' LED, compat w/ DLink EBR2310 ?

just upgraded our TWC modem from leased RCA to purchased SB6141. Nice, with a couple issues:

** the 'link' LED stays flashing red. I made sure I had cat5E to the router, no change

** a therapeutic reboot is needed about once a day (with two home workers with VPN and heavy web use)

I see from other forum entries that TWC customers are having trouble with SB6141's - teething pains ? We're in a small metro area in the Hudson Valley, the local net segment may be crowded.

But I've suspected the EBR2310 may be underpowered or flaky from earlier - it replaced a Linksys wired router which was very reliable; it has always had problems with connection stalls. I've tried connecting direct to the cable modem just to compare, but we can't work that way obviously.

So - do either of the combinations (SB6141, EBR2310) or (EBR2310, TWC) spell trouble in your experience ?

If the EBR2310 is just not up to the job, I'd welcome recommendations for a simple home-grade wired router with NAT, firewall & the other usual features.

Also, info on the flashing red 'link' LED would be welcome.

Thanks!

UKEE

join:2012-05-14
Lexington, KY

Are you sure that the link light isn't flashing "orange"? If it's orange, it's connecting at 10/100 Mbps instead of 1Gbps. Others have tried new cables to fix this (if your router has a 1Gbps WAN port).