lunghd
join:2011-02-13
Elliston, VA
·StarLink
·Verizon DSL

1 edit

lunghd

[modem/router] GT784WNV - Is there a way to assign 'device names

Just upgraded to an ActionTec GT784WNV gateway & retired the old Westell 7500. Pleased with the user friendly gui & connections are solid so far - all around improvement!

The one thing that the Westell DID do was show all connected devices on my network and allow me to assign device names to any device on the network: Instead of an IP or MAC address showing up I could use labels like "Roku Box, NAS, Garage Computer, Laptop, Son's Computer," etc etc... Is there a way to do that on the GT784WNV? It sure would make it a heckuva lot easier than having to remember that 192.168.1.25 is my remote controlled spy drone etc...

I -think- I've looked at every menu but still can't find that option or a local network map/list. (Short list on home page... but nothing like 7500's list.)
lunghd

lunghd

Re: [modem/router] GT784WNV - Is there a way to assign 'device n

Anybody???

isp10002
join:2012-10-24

isp10002 to lunghd

to lunghd
Is there a "My Connected Home" Page? On my Netgear 7550 you go to that and it lists all the devices and it has options next to it and it should say "Rename Device"

Robert1010
Premium Member
join:2007-04-26
Philadelphia, PA

Robert1010 to lunghd

Premium Member

to lunghd
I have the same problem on my GT784WNV. If I reboot the gateway some times some of the wireless clients show up, or not.

They have dumbed down the software so much. They need to have a idiot model and one for the rest of us.
Robert1010

Robert1010

Premium Member

Is there anyone listening??????