spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hope

@comcast.net

[General] Font sizes get progressively larger with each paragrap

I'm having a problem with the font setting in this new version that I'm hoping someone knows how to fix. As I compose my message, every time I start a new paragraph the font increases. in size. The only remedy I have come up with is to select the whole message at the end and change the font size for all.

Also, when I go to enlarge the image size for viewing my Inbox, the fonts get cut off top and bottom of each line.

Am I the only one experiencing these problems (on a Mac, btw) There's gotta be a better way. Solutions please.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12

Re: [General] Font sizes get progressively larger with each para

This is a browser? Web mail? Mail client? And you are a Comcast HSI user? Posting in an AT&T DSL help forum? Give us some useful context. Please.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Hope

@comcast.net
I'm using Yahoo ATT mail on Safari. They just put out a new version that users are required to transition to. Does that help?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
To restate your situation (presumption):

• Comcast customer.
• Using a free AT&T-Yahoo! Web Mail account.
• Using the Apple Safari browser on an Apple Mac computer.

Since I am running Mozilla Thunderbird to access my AT&T-Yahoo! accounts from a Sonic.net Internet connection, and using Windows 7 on an Intel-based PC, I can't say I have seen your problem.

I do recall a warning screen when I "upgraded" to the current Yahoo! Mail GUI: That the "upgrade" works best with MS Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox; and offering to download and install either. Probably triggered because I use the Opera browser for web surfing.

I tried composing an email on the web in Opera:

Composing with Opera.

Does the screen shot look like your version of the new Yahoo! GUI? I did not see the typeface size increase on the paragraph break in Opera. This could be a Safari issue, or a compatibility issue between Safari and Yahoo! I am pretty sure that AT&T customer support will not be able to help; but don't know who can. I fired off some feedback to Yahoo! complaining about the attempt to push users to their (Yahoo!'s) choices.

P.S. "Pacbell.net" is an actual AT&T domain. AT&T users who quit service can still use their AT&T email addresses as free Yahoo! Mail accounts; but AT&T support is no longer provided to we EXes.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Hope

@comcast.net
said by NormanS:

To restate your situation (presumption):

• Comcast customer.
• Using a free AT&T-Yahoo! Web Mail account.
• Using the Apple Safari browser on an Apple Mac computer.

Since I am running Mozilla Thunderbird to access my AT&T-Yahoo! accounts from a Sonic.net Internet connection, and using Windows 7 on an Intel-based PC, I can't say I have seen your problem.

I do recall a warning screen when I "upgraded" to the current Yahoo! Mail GUI: That the "upgrade" works best with MS Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox; and offering to download and install either. Probably triggered because I use the Opera browser for web surfing.

I tried composing an email on the web in Opera:
[att=1]

Does the screen shot look like your version of the new Yahoo! GUI? I did not see the typeface size increase on the paragraph break in Opera. This could be a Safari issue, or a compatibility issue between Safari and Yahoo! I am pretty sure that AT&T customer support will not be able to help; but don't know who can. I fired off some feedback to Yahoo! complaining about the attempt to push users to their (Yahoo!'s) choices.

P.S. "Pacbell.net" is an actual AT&T domain. AT&T users who quit service can still use their AT&T email addresses as free Yahoo! Mail accounts; but AT&T support is no longer provided to we EXes.

I tried Mozilla, and both problems were cleared up. though I really wish I could use Safari for email. So this seems to be the solution, at least for now. I will try calling Appe to see if they have other ideas on this.

Thanks for your help.

PRC

@sbcglobal.net
Hello, Hope. I am having the same problem you are with fonts. Increase in size as you go down the compose page. Just clicking on enter button increases size with each click. Inbox--I can increase font size, but spacing does not increase, so words get unreadable. Also, some received links don't work. Header disappears as you scroll down the page.

I have spent hours with ATT on this (chat and phone) and they have essentially dismissed it as a problem with the computer. Now, here's the interesting part--I'm using a Toshiba laptop running Win 7 and firefox 21. I'm also using ATT u-verse. ATT provides the ATT/Yahoo email program as part of the package. Never had a problem with the older email system which was replaced on 7/10/13--never worked right since--but only on this computer. We have another Toshiba laptop running Vista and the new email and it does not have these problems. Settings on both computers are the same.

PRC

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
reply to Hope
Fwiw
I have a yahoo account but don't use webmail, I use Mac mail and works flawlessly
Must have taken 30 seconds to setup account in Mac mail

kitsune

join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA
said by Liberty:

Fwiw
I have a yahoo account but don't use webmail, I use Mac mail and works flawlessly
Must have taken 30 seconds to setup account in Mac mail

If you are running Mac OS 10.6 or later you can easily add it to the mail application that came with the computer (looks like a postage stamp). Just put in your email address and password.