uniqs

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

[Accessories] Compact Battery Pack

For almost every phone that I've had, I've always had a spare battery that I keep with me whenever I go out, and can just easily swap out when my battery dies. Now I want to get the HTC One and since it doesn't have a removable battery, I'm looking for a really small and compact battery pack that I can use to juice up the battery whenever I'm out and the phone is about to die. Needs to be small and compact, in order to easily fit in my pocket, ideally the same way a spare battery would.

All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

1 recommendation

Koil

Premium Member

Don't know anything about it, but saw your post, and then saw this on reddit right after....perhaps it's fate:

RAVPower 5600mAh External USB Battery Pack - $19.99 [discount $10 with code ZZEWKM9O)

»www.amazon.com/exec/obid ··· 01103131

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by Koil:

Don't know anything about it, but saw your post, and then saw this on reddit right after....perhaps it's fate:

RAVPower 5600mAh External USB Battery Pack - $19.99 [discount $10 with code ZZEWKM9O)

»www.amazon.com/exec/obid ··· 01103131

I'll check that out. Thanks!

Looks good at a quick glance, have to check it out in further detail, but hopefully I can find something even smaller, and more compact than that to carry around in my jeans pocket, or the inner breast pocket of my suit blazer, without it feeling bulky or cumbersome.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

1 recommendation

Koil

Premium Member

Reviews look good...damnit, now I want one.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by Koil:

LOL!

If you find something even more compact than that, please let me know. Really looking for something smaller than that, but I might consider that one if I don't find anything else.
Alpha Phoenix

1 edit

Alpha Phoenix to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
said by Koil:

Just saw this one:
Silver: »www.ianker.com/anker-ast ··· STK-S26A
Black: »www.ianker.com/anker-ast ··· STK-B26A

Even more compact.

geh
Premium Member
join:2012-04-08
U.S.A.

geh to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I have had three anker battery packs and they are awesome. Their 18 month warranty rocks too. I highly suggest them.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I want something with a high capacity mAh, but small and compact physical size that I can carry around comfortably in my jeans pocket, or the breast pocket of my suit jacket. These still seem a bit bigger than I would like though. Any suggestions?

geh
Premium Member
U.S.A.

1 recommendation

geh

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

I want something with a high capacity mAh, but small and compact physical size that I can carry around comfortably in my jeans pocket, or the breast pocket of my suit jacket. These still seem a bit bigger than I would like though. Any suggestions?

This should get you 2 charges
»www.amazon.com/Portable- ··· er+astro

This one should get you 1 charge
»www.amazon.com/SlimTalk- ··· er+astro

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Thanks. I looked at those, but they are still bigger than I would like. Remember, I want to keep it in my jeans pocket.

ekiM5
Oh Well
join:2001-01-06
/usr/home

1 recommendation

ekiM5 to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
I can get these at fry's but look at a:

Tenergy 2600mAh "Lipstick" Portable Power Bank

Specifications

Battery Capacity: 2600mAh
Input: 5V, 1A
USB Output: 5V, 1A
Weight: 2.6 oz(Power Bank only)
Power Bank Dimensions: 79.3 x 32.3 x 25.3 mm (L x W xT)
Battery Type: Li-Ion
Charging Time: about 3 hours
Compatibility: Mobile Phones, iPhone, iPod

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· Y0S66715

geh
Premium Member
U.S.A.

geh to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Thanks. I looked at those, but they are still bigger than I would like. Remember, I want to keep it in my jeans pocket.

is that going to be feasible? You have to be careful not to damage the cord or USB socket if you charge while the battery pack is in your pocket

Sandman37
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Strafford, MO

Sandman37 to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I got one of these a few years ago. The size is decent, but APC doesn't give a mah rating, and they're a bit expensive.

»www.amazon.com/APC-UPB10 ··· 00GBN42E

According to apc.com, they've also discontinued them.

bolt
End of the line DSL sucks.
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Charlestown, IN

bolt to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I just received one of these (»www.nomorerack.com/daily ··· d_colors) but haven't had to use it yet.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by bolt:

I just received one of these (»www.nomorerack.com/daily ··· d_colors) but haven't had to use it yet.

That looks just like the Anker one I'm considering. How big is it, and can it comfortably fit in jeans pockets?

bolt
End of the line DSL sucks.
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Charlestown, IN

1 recommendation

bolt

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

That looks just like the Anker one I'm considering. How big is it, and can it comfortably fit in jeans pockets?

It is just a shade over 3.5 inches long, has an approximate diameter of 5/8 of an inch. The weight is similar to a 2 AA cell flashlight. With it's rounded shape, I would think that it would fit comfortably in a pocket.