share rss forum feed

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
reply to Immer

Re: Legendary Quest Line

Damn Immer, have a taste of the "little water" early in the morning today? you've misspelled a few things in your posts...which seem out-of-ordinary.
--
"The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln
KCCO

cat666

join:2013-04-26
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

well... I was thinking more like the Taracgosa Legendary RP event that happens over SW... or the Dalaran event when you kill Algalon, or the head of onyxia... that stuff.

RP servers don't mandate Role Play. Many times RP guilds will suspend their RP while in a raid just to expedite the raid. Though some prefer to keep /yell and /say /general restricted to RP speach, but /rsay /party would be RP-free so they can explain strats and stuff. On farmed content... I think it would be fun to RP a bit from time to time (within the context of WoW... you bunch of sickos).

You'd be straight to Goldshire on the Moonglade server

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by cat666:

You'd be straight to Goldshire on the Moonglade server

No clue what that meant... but no... ERP is not my thing.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

cat666

Mine either, but I have a slight curiosity about it. I'd be more put off by the fact the women are probably teenage boys.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
No, I think the teenage boys are probably out enjoying the real things. I'd go higher in my age speculation. Think fat greasy unemployed middle aged (or older) men. The ones who aren't able to enjoy the real deal anymore so have to resort to the online ERP.
--
Absölution -- 6/6 MSV, 4/6 HoF, 4/4 ToES, 1/12 ToT
Pride and Ego -- 6/6 MSV 1/6H, 6/6 HoF, 4/4 ToES, 2/12 ToT

cat666

said by Carpie:

No, I think the teenage boys are probably out enjoying the real things. I'd go higher in my age speculation. Think fat greasy unemployed middle aged (or older) men. The ones who aren't able to enjoy the real deal anymore so have to resort to the online ERP.

Your right. The teenage boys will be Skyping hot girls.

Carpie

united state
Is that what they call it nowadays?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
said by Carpie:

Is that what they call it nowadays?

I think that's when they use skype to get more views of each other, helps them with the karma sutra.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
said by DarkLogix:

..helps them with the karma sutra.

So, "karma sutra"... is that when you only get the amount of sex that your good and bad deeds have earned you??

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
it's when your karma is so twisted you have no idea what to expect... basically "you're f'd"... but you can't tell if that's meant in a good way or a bad way.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 recommendation

reply to Caelharrad
said by Caelharrad:

said by DarkLogix:

..helps them with the karma sutra.

So, "karma sutra"... is that when you only get the amount of sex that your good and bad deeds have earned you??

Funniest typo ever.
--
»www.change.org/petitions/create-···imcity-4

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

it's when your karma is so twisted you have no idea what to expect... basically "you're f'd"... but you can't tell if that's meant in a good way or a bad way.

Man those teens must be crazy mon.
--

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM
reply to Carpie
said by Carpie:

Ha, it's funny you bring that up because just yesterday before I left I was thinking to myself, I wonder if RP servers have raid groups. I've never spent much time on an RP server but I think it would be funny as hell to be on vent with people from an RP server who were speaking in character. I would honestly pay the $25 xfer fee of a toon just for the experience of it.

Depends on the guild. Some of them are very strict about role-playing and some are not. Many do not RP at all. Strict guilds usually have rules such as typing ooc (for out of character) when talking normally. Most guilds are not strict about RP in raiding as it would be too time consuming.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
We the hero's of azeroth have arrived to smote the Thunder King and his minions.

And smote we shall do.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
*smite (verb tense fail).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
RP over

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
WOOT got my 608 Cloak
WOOT

F*** wrathion

cat666

said by DarkLogix:

F*** wrathion

Is that how you get the cloak? The dirty ole dragon.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 recommendation

said by cat666:

said by DarkLogix:

F*** wrathion

Is that how you get the cloak? The dirty ole dragon.

Ya, with some balls of FIRE

After re-reading the tip in the other thread I did the following

stand in the doorway facing wrathion
DPS him till the oozes spawn
Invis and run to the balcony (all the way to the furthest point from the oozes

then pop timewarp and melt his face (burn all CD's)

he went to 1HP then did his clone thing, just stay out on the balcony and wait for him to come back

then he died and the quest got marked as completed
--

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM
Grats on the cloak

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to Carpie
So, I FINALLY get lucky, get the last 3 runestones in LFR!!!

Log in on Saturday night... and my MT and main healer have server transferred... my team has disbanded. So guess I'll get Lei Shen's heart in LFR on Tuesday, get my cloak and take a break until 5.4

So sick of shitty dead servers.....

Carpie

united state
reply to Carpie
That's seriously shitty for them to just xfer without saying anything to people first.

cat666

reply to Carpie
Yeah that's really shitty.

I raided with a guild in 4.0/4.1 who did similar. I'd already quit as the GL was a total idiot but he upped an left with half the guild.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to qualitybobby
Grats @ Cloak. I got mine as well this week =]

Crappy @ Guild =\

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
Thanks guys... yeah I found out when I logged into vent. One of my raid team was in already, and he asked what I was doing that night. I was like "WTF are you talking about?" He tells me that they up and server transferred.......

So whatever, I need a break anyhow, I was sick of pugging in crap people weekly anyhow.

They decided to move to a 25 man guild on Mediev that was 5 of 12 heroic. The healer absolutely should be in a guild like that, he really is a phenominal Holy Paladin. The tank...... not so much. He's good, but not great. He'll be an OT at best in that guild.

On a funny note, the Pally still has toons on my server. He whispered me last night and told me that the team is looking for a good rogue, and that if I was interested he'd already sent them logs and they would gladly send me an invite.

Told him I am taking a break.... but at least that was nice enough of him. I admit, if I wasn't burned out and busy now a lot of evenings for the next few months.. I very well might have jumped to be on a good server on a good 25 man team.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to Carpie
Finished off the 3,000 VP this weekend; yesterday, did the two battleground wins (1st try ToK, 2nd try SSM). Came down for a midnight snack, decided to hit up /trade to try to find a few people to do Change of Command with. 5 minutes later, had a priest and a warlock in group. 5 minutes after that, Warlord Bloodhilt was dead. It literally took longer to fly to Domination Point (2-3 minutes) and kill the guards (maybe 1.5 minutes), than to kill the boss (60 seconds tops). I realize that Blizz intended to nerf the guy (down to about 11M HP from 80M, and he hits for MUCH less damage), so that you wouldn't need a 20-25 man raid to down him... but that was ridiculous. I was anticipating at least a moderate challenge with only 3 in group. Now, reading up on the quest a bit, it looks like some specs are able to SOLO the guy post-nerf. Legendary quest, indeed.

Now, on to the ToT grind-fest.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Caelharrad:

Legendary quest, indeed.

it was a lot of fun for those who were ahead of the curve. It will only feel legendary if you are on the cutting edge of the quest...
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
I can't turn in my part of the quest till 5.4. Whats legendary about that?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by DarkLogix:

...knowing you will be one of the first to actually turn it in in 5.4... silly goose.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by Immer:

said by DarkLogix:

...knowing you will be one of the first to actually turn it in in 5.4... silly goose.

Unlikely
as with 5.3 I farmed BP rep first so I could turn them in as a cluster

so I'll likely see f there's any questing ahead I can do before turning it in, since there is no more rep but there might be something else.
--