qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie

Re: Legendary Quest Line

So, I FINALLY get lucky, get the last 3 runestones in LFR!!!

Log in on Saturday night... and my MT and main healer have server transferred... my team has disbanded. So guess I'll get Lei Shen's heart in LFR on Tuesday, get my cloak and take a break until 5.4

So sick of shitty dead servers.....

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

That's seriously shitty for them to just xfer without saying anything to people first.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Carpie

to Carpie
Yeah that's really shitty.

I raided with a guild in 4.0/4.1 who did similar. I'd already quit as the GL was a total idiot but he upped an left with half the guild.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to qualitybobby

Premium Member

to qualitybobby
Grats @ Cloak. I got mine as well this week =]

Crappy @ Guild =\

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Thanks guys... yeah I found out when I logged into vent. One of my raid team was in already, and he asked what I was doing that night. I was like "WTF are you talking about?" He tells me that they up and server transferred.......

So whatever, I need a break anyhow, I was sick of pugging in crap people weekly anyhow.

They decided to move to a 25 man guild on Mediev that was 5 of 12 heroic. The healer absolutely should be in a guild like that, he really is a phenominal Holy Paladin. The tank...... not so much. He's good, but not great. He'll be an OT at best in that guild.

On a funny note, the Pally still has toons on my server. He whispered me last night and told me that the team is looking for a good rogue, and that if I was interested he'd already sent them logs and they would gladly send me an invite.

Told him I am taking a break.... but at least that was nice enough of him. I admit, if I wasn't burned out and busy now a lot of evenings for the next few months.. I very well might have jumped to be on a good server on a good 25 man team.

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to Carpie

to Carpie
Finished off the 3,000 VP this weekend; yesterday, did the two battleground wins (1st try ToK, 2nd try SSM). Came down for a midnight snack, decided to hit up /trade to try to find a few people to do Change of Command with. 5 minutes later, had a priest and a warlock in group. 5 minutes after that, Warlord Bloodhilt was dead. It literally took longer to fly to Domination Point (2-3 minutes) and kill the guards (maybe 1.5 minutes), than to kill the boss (60 seconds tops). I realize that Blizz intended to nerf the guy (down to about 11M HP from 80M, and he hits for MUCH less damage), so that you wouldn't need a 20-25 man raid to down him... but that was ridiculous. I was anticipating at least a moderate challenge with only 3 in group. Now, reading up on the quest a bit, it looks like some specs are able to SOLO the guy post-nerf. Legendary quest, indeed.

Now, on to the ToT grind-fest.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Caelharrad:

Legendary quest, indeed.

it was a lot of fun for those who were ahead of the curve. It will only feel legendary if you are on the cutting edge of the quest...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I can't turn in my part of the quest till 5.4. Whats legendary about that?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

...knowing you will be one of the first to actually turn it in in 5.4... silly goose.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Immer:

said by DarkLogix:

...knowing you will be one of the first to actually turn it in in 5.4... silly goose.

Unlikely
as with 5.3 I farmed BP rep first so I could turn them in as a cluster

so I'll likely see f there's any questing ahead I can do before turning it in, since there is no more rep but there might be something else.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

fine... your experience won't be legendary... which means we won't need the play-by-play on your not-so-legendary quest progression.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

lucky you I bet the healer challenge is easier than the dps one was (haven't heard anyone complain about it yet.)

anxiety was killing me on that fight with wrathion.
I had to take a break after I beat him.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I'm still collecting widgets...

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

?? It's just a game.

Tank challenge was really easy, read the screen, interrupt when he casts, use cooldowns on the missiles and win. KIlled him so fast I only had 1 missile phase lol.

Cat5

Cat5 to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

I'm still collecting widgets...

Same.

Got 4 this week though so I can't moan too much. I'm on 8 total so if I get lucky again next week I'll be done.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by JB9:

said by DarkLogix:

?? It's just a game.

Tank challenge was really easy, read the screen, interrupt when he casts, use cooldowns on the missiles and win. KIlled him so fast I only had 1 missile phase lol.

Ya well after doing it over and over again it was getting to me.

Seems the "right" way to do it is scorch the blobs and then dps wrathion, then pop arcane explosion on the clones.

but if you didn't kill the oldest blob first then it'd be so fast it'd kill you, and the whole while dodging wrathion's aoe's

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Have you heard how that fight is for melee dps? I'll be looking it up when I get home after I get Lei Shen's heart in LFR this afternoon.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Sorry didn't look up the melee challenge.
there are 4 diff challenges, supposedly they're targeted at the role.

IE a melee would never be able to do the ranged (won't even allow it) because if an ooze gets in range of you then you die fast.

Druids have it easy, they can do any one of them they just need the right spec.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Thanks anyhow. I've seen a few scattered post around the interwebs about blowing him up early and when he summons adds to run to the other side and vanish to drop their agro, then burn Wrathion down. I was just hoping someone had done it.

I'll youtube the fight when I get home or check the strat on the rogue forums.
Pryck
join:2012-02-03
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck

I completed the melee challenge on my rogue a little over a week ago and it was a lot of RNG. Not sure if it has been fixed but most of the attempts when vanishing caused the oozes to bug out at 1% and never die eventually killing you.

I found blinding Wrathion on cooldown allowed time to burn oozes down with aoe or cleave without him spawning other things. Once he starts mirror phase that is priority due to damage. You can also CoS the damage if you are at risk of not knocking him out of it.

It wasn't a piece of cake by any means just trial and error and some RNG. Make sure to attack him from behind to have the damage boost as much as possible, good luck to you!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Sounds like the melee dps challenge is similar to the ranged dps challenge.

for me the way I did the ranged one was
Stand in the door way that you came in through and dps him from there till he summons oozes, in this phase save CD's

once the oozes spawned invis and run to the balcony.
the oozes will stay in the center of the room and due to the mechanic on the ranged challenge if you do aggro them again they'll insta kill you (they speed up over time and do alot of damage)

so then once wrathion comes to you then you blow your CD's and damage him as hard as you can (as mage I poped Timewarp and slaughtered him) he hit 1hp then ran off to do his clone thing, but then on his way back he died. (seems he has to do the clone thing.)

On a failed attempt (messed up on saving my CD's and burning them all on the balcony) after the clone phase he brought the oozes with him and they murdered me on the spot.

So if the melee has a part where he runs back to the area the oozes are then you're going to want him dead or 1hp before then.
Pryck
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck

For melee I had at least one clone phase, even blowing all cooldowns at the start before the oozes spawn would only get him about 55-60% hps.

At that point it was slow and steady because I couldn't have the oozes catch me at all or it would be death quickly...which meant I couldn't dps Wrathion except in moments I had time between oozes dying and respawning.

It does sound like the ranged and melee dps challenges are similar if not the same. Once I got into a rhythm and paced the fight right it went ok but it was many attempts up to that point.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

sounds a lot like the Fangs of the Father solo fights for rogues, in that patience and planning of the fight are key to winning. That's awesome. I wonder how this fight compares to the Green Fire questline for Locks. Any input from our resident locks?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Pryck

Premium Member

to Pryck
said by Pryck:

For melee I had at least one clone phase, even blowing all cooldowns at the start before the oozes spawn would only get him about 55-60% hps.

At that point it was slow and steady because I couldn't have the oozes catch me at all or it would be death quickly...which meant I couldn't dps Wrathion except in moments I had time between oozes dying and respawning.

It does sound like the ranged and melee dps challenges are similar if not the same. Once I got into a rhythm and paced the fight right it went ok but it was many attempts up to that point.

In the ranged fight I saved CD's for after the oozes when I had invised and got away from them (not sure if you can do that on the stage for the melee one)

I had to get away from the oozes that made all the difference, removing that mech from the fight made it easier to just unload on him.

So after I invised the oozes just stayed in the center of the room and I no longer had to worry about them.
Pryck
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck

For the melee challenge the oozes aggro again after vanish and keep respawning more until Wrathion is dead. For that mechanic I guess we have to deal with.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Pryck:

For the melee challenge the oozes aggro again after vanish and keep respawning more until Wrathion is dead. For that mechanic I guess we have to deal with.

On ranged you can run out to the balcony to get out of their aggro range

as I said the stage is different so melee might not have room to do that.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

I got it after about 15 attempts. I screwed around with saving cooldowns for the bloods, with shirken toss, with combat spec, etc. After dying again, I said screw it, went back to assassination spec, kept shirken. Pre pot, blew cooldowns and burned him to 45% when bloods came.

Blinded him, spammed FoK with crippling with evasion and combat rediness, then finished them with shirken. Bandaged to full health, and pounded away again. Popped prep, vanished with vendetta, potted again when off cooldown and burned him to the ground before the bloods repopped.

Moral of the story.... don't dick around. If you want to kill something,just beat the ever loving crap out of it as fast as you can. lol

Cat5

Cat5 to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

sounds a lot like the Fangs of the Father solo fights for rogues, in that patience and planning of the fight are key to winning. That's awesome. I wonder how this fight compares to the Green Fire questline for Locks. Any input from our resident locks?

Not done legendary but I've tried the green fire quest a fair bit. It's stupidly hard and requires perfect timing which I just can't nail in the Felhound phase.

Zupe
MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

Zupe to Carpie

MVM

to Carpie
I finally got my 12th Titan Runestone last night, and got to see what the challenge fights is about. I have to say the melee dps challenge is seriously frustrating. I took a good 20-25 attempts last night, with various talents and came no where close to beating him as an ilvl 518 combat rogue. My frustration with the fight is not so much that it's hard, which it is, but that I don't feel it was designed very well, and it's also very dependent on the random number generator.

A few observations I made:

1. The graphic for his arc attack is well off of where the actual attack is. It took me a bunch of tries and watching a video to figure out why I was still getting hit when I was clearly out of the graphic area, whereas someone in the video was clearly standing in the graphic and not getting damaged.

2. The fight the person in the video I watched did looked nothing like the fights I end up with. In the video, the rogue stayed on Wrathion, burned the one set of oozes he got, and had time to get back up from 10% health to full health from just leeching poison and recuperate, with the only boss moves being the arc attack and one try to summon images, which he interrupted. He killed the boss as the second wave of oozes spawned which was roughly 30-45 seconds after the first wave died. When I try it, the boss is constantly casting the "Blood of the Deathborn" pools, which I can interrupt if I can stay near him, but he then seems to cast again immediately after when I have no way to stop. I also get the second wave of oozes sometimes literally three seconds after the first wave dies (and this is with popping all cooldowns, blade flurry, killing spree, etc. to kill the first wave, so my dps on them shouldn't be an issue). I feel like the only way I'm going to successfully beat this fight is to luck out on a try where he casts less and there's some actual fighting time between ooze spawns, and a fight like this shouldn't depend that much on luck.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Have fun. I tried going combat and just couldn't do it well enough. I killed him as assassination (Ilvl 528 though). I specced into shirken and used crippling poison as well. I prepotted and stealthed as he "tied the blindfold", and then popped vendetta and shadow blades and just ripped him up. Then when the bloods popped, I blinded wrathion, ran to them (they wait a few seconds before attacking and spammed FOK to dot them up and crippling them. Then I kited them killing them with shirken. Bandage if you need to. Then vanished and resumed blowing him up. It helps to give him 5 pt kidney shots so you can get the damage from behind buff. You do something like 300% damage if you hit him from the rear. When bloods come out again, rinse and repeat. When the bloods came out the second time he was at 20% or something. If you have blind then use it, you can prep it if you want, but I just spammed FoK and burned the bloods again. Bandage again if you can. When you get the second vanish via prep, pop vendetta agin and use your second agi pot.

Make sure you have a food buff before the pull, with some practice you'll get the rhythm of the fight. It's still somewhat rng, but it's doable with enough burst. Make sure you sprint from the bloods (but not right away). The get the increased speed buff after awhile and you may need sprint to get away from the last one long enough to shirken it to death. If you are an engineer, the rocket boosts are sweet for that too.

Remember, it's the attacking from behind when possible that will get you there. When her casts his arc attack, he stand still. Run through him so you are behind him and you get free shots at his back through the entire channel. You can do the same with any of his channeled spells.