Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to cat666

Re: Legendary Quest Line

said by cat666:

Echoes of the Titans requires more ToT farming, this time 12 tomes of something or other which only drop from the last 6 bosses. This is where I am up to.

Heart of the Thunder King requires a Lei Shen kill I believe, and anything past that I've not read up on yet as it's taking me an age to get the tomes.

its 12 titan rune stones
and technically there are 7 bosses that drop them but that 7th one is not in reg or LFR

I'm at 11/12 now
so next Tuesday I will have my 12, I plan to do tot LFR #3 first so I can try getting a rune before killing lei shen, but if not then I'll kill him for the rune.
--
»www.change.org/petitions/create-···imcity-4

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:4

Done stones and sigils only drop 1st time through like gear? I'd imagine so but guess I've never put it to the test.
--
Absölution -- 6/6 MSV, 4/6 HoF, 4/4 ToES, 1/12 ToT
Pride and Ego -- 6/6 MSV 1/6H, 6/6 HoF, 4/4 ToES, 2/12 ToT

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

said by Carpie:

Done stones and sigils only drop 1st time through like gear? I'd imagine so but guess I've never put it to the test.

Yes, you get one shot a week at them. However, i'm unsure if you can get runestones from bosses you got secrets from earlier in the week. Hopefully I'll find out this week (17/20 secrets).
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Ya I've never seen a rune drop a 2nd time and I killed lie shen 3 times last lockout (burned a mogu rune each time and still no trinket) (so 4 chances at loot and still nadda)

but I'd imagine that you can't do the quest to loot an item off lei shen after the 1st time of the week, maybe you can but that's why I'll do #3 before #4 next week.
--

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
kudos:1
reply to Carpie

I'm exalted, just finished the 3000 valor so need to do the BGs.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by Goldheart:

have you done change of command yet?
if not we can help

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

I heard they nerfed it, can basically 2 man it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by Lothario:

I heard they nerfed it, can basically 2 man it.

so what goes faster with more

(well you could always 2man it it just took a long time)

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

said by Goldheart:

have you done change of command yet?
if not we can help

Yes I did the Change of Command earlier today. I was almost but not quite able to solo this one. I probably could have done it solo if I had played smarter but as it is Owwiee (90 mage) came and helped and we downed the boss easily.

I also did the two PvP battles. These were not as bad as I was expecting and actually I kind of had fun. I was able to nuke people to nothing fairly easily in ilvl 518 gear.

So I got the prismatic socket added to my dagger.

Now i just need to get the secrets.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
reply to cat666

Nice, thanks.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to qualitybobby

I got 3 last night, I'm at 10 now >;/ . Will have 11 after I kill Lei SHen tonight (hopefully in 25man)

Pryck

join:2012-02-03
Fredericksburg, VA
reply to Carpie

Finished up to the point that I have to wait for 5.4 last night. The fight with Wrathion was quite annoying (melee challenge). It wasn't the fact it was difficult, just lengthy and have to pace and roll defensive cool downs, etc. It was RNG whether or not the oozes that spawn would bug out and remain at 1% health and increase in speed and damage the longer they were up. Took a few hours of off and on attempts before the bug didn't happen and I was able to down him and get the cloak; yay! Not sure if there are issues with the other challenge options (ranged, healing, tank) but for the melee it's a known issue and just causes headache.

cat666

join:2013-04-26

said by Pryck:

Finished up to the point that I have to wait for 5.4 last night. The fight with Wrathion was quite annoying (melee challenge). It wasn't the fact it was difficult, just lengthy and have to pace and roll defensive cool downs, etc. It was RNG whether or not the oozes that spawn would bug out and remain at 1% health and increase in speed and damage the longer they were up. Took a few hours of off and on attempts before the bug didn't happen and I was able to down him and get the cloak; yay! Not sure if there are issues with the other challenge options (ranged, healing, tank) but for the melee it's a known issue and just causes headache.

I'm not this far yet but I heard whatever you challenge you do has no bearing to your cloak in the slightest. It makes no difference to me, as a warlock I have to do range DPS, but apparantly the tank fight is simple. So try a different spec if you can.

Pryck

join:2012-02-03
Fredericksburg, VA

Correct you get to select any of the cloaks that pertain to your spec once the quest is completed. Which challenge you accept doesn't affect the end reward options. I didn't try any of the other challenges just went with the one designed for my class.

Bradzor

join:2010-02-16
Ballwin, MO
reply to Carpie

do secrets only drop from leishen

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:4

2 edits

It's a secret.

No, they are available drop from other ToT bosses as well. But it's a guaranteed drop of Lei Shen.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
reply to Carpie

Well i am late to the party but I got both my PvP quests done and CoC as well so I got my one gem.

Now I am on the next part of it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Carpie

said by Carpie:

It's a secret.

No, they are available drop from other ToT bosses as well. But it's a guaranteed drop of Lei Shen.

Unless I missed something secrets drop off all 13 bosses, but runes only drop off the last 7. (now if I could kill that 7th boss just once maybe he'd drop the last rune I need before next week (but ya right on both counts.)

the runes have a 100% chance off lei shen, not the secerets
--

cat666

said by DarkLogix:

Unless I missed something secrets drop off all 13 bosses, but runes only drop off the last 7. (now if I could kill that 7th boss just once maybe he'd drop the last rune I need before next week (but ya right on both counts.)

the runes have a 100% chance off lei shen, not the secerets

I may just be lucky, but Lei Shen dropped a secret for me every week since the update. So maybe he guarantees to drop one of whichever you need.

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to Carpie

AGAIN, the only runestone that dropped was off of Lei Shen. The drop rate on these is just fucking stupid.

cat666

said by qualitybobby:

AGAIN, the only runestone that dropped was off of Lei Shen. The drop rate on these is just fucking stupid.

I've got 4 in 2 weeks.

It's mostly RNG sadly.

I got 5 Secrets of the Empire one week, and the final week when I just needed 1, only Lei Shen dropped one. I was hoping to get one from an early LFR so I could get a few runestones that week too but it wasn't to be.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to qualitybobby

said by qualitybobby:

Last week I had one off lie shen and one off qon

I plan to do tot lfr #3 first this week and hope that before lie shen that I have my 12th, then if needed drop group and do the quest.
--

qualitybobby
Premium
Middleville, NY

That's my plan for this week too. I need 3, so if I can get 2 off of the other bosses first (bwahahahahahahahahahahaha), then I can finish the quest on Lei Shen regular.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Well I only need one, so if I could get to lei shen reg then it'd be cake (I could LFR the rune then reg the heart)

cat666

reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

I plan to do tot lfr #3 first this week and hope that before lie shen that I have my 12th, then if needed drop group and do the quest.

Good luck. Like I said I was on 19/20 for the secrets and it was a fresh week. I did LFR1,2 and 3 and no secrets dropped. I was prepared to drop group before Lei Shen so I'd be +1 on the runestones but got nada before Lei Shen so I had to get my final secret from him.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by cat666:

said by DarkLogix:

Good luck. Like I said I was on 19/20 for the secrets and it was a fresh week. I did LFR1,2 and 3 and no secrets dropped. I was prepared to drop group before Lei Shen so I'd be +1 on the runestones but got nada before Lei Shen so I had to get my final secret from him.

I bet that's what's gona happen to me
--

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to qualitybobby

Yup, guildies are saying the same. Should be much higher % in normal/heroic compared to LFR. (imo)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

said by JB:

Yup, guildies are saying the same. Should be higher % in normal/heroic compared to LFR. (imo)

agreed.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

qualitybobby
Premium
Middleville, NY
reply to JB

said by JB:

Yup, guildies are saying the same. Should be much higher % in normal/heroic compared to LFR. (imo)

Absolutely.

cat666

reply to JB

said by JB:

I don't agree.

This isn't just a raiding quest, it's a quest which has involved elite kills, mob grinding, pvp, solo scenarios, use of professions and raid drops. To punish non-raiders on the raiding part is hardly fair. you'd all be kicking up a fuss if the BG part required them to be Rated BG wins.

Anyway don't the items have a chance to drop off of LFR and normal so normal raiders have double the chance each week if there clearing it all as it is.