how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mcsjr454

join:2013-06-25
Cedar Grove, WV

[Connectivity] Second Step in getting an Issue resolved

Hello my name is Mike, for approximately 3 full weeks now, this is the start of the fourth week, at 11AM EST my internet speed slows to a complete crawl. Enough so that I can't do anything but view text pages, after letting them load for up to 2 minutes. This continues until about 7PM EST. I have tried multiple times, doing the whole tech support thing, dancing and prancing around plugging and unplugging everything, that never works. So I downloaded Ping Plotter, and decided to come armed with some information, that may help in getting the real issue resolved, as my CPU, cables, router, and modem are less than a year old, and work perfectly fine after 7 PM and before 11 AM.

The problems start arising at 66.76.232.41.tyd.suddenlink.net with a 10-15% packet loss.
Then at following jump 66.76.232.29.tyd.suddenlink.net I receive multiple time outs
Followed by 66.76.232.6 chicosrc01-10gex-1.tex.sta.suddenlink.net also timing out multiple times.

Now I don't like to be hardnosed, but do I only pay 50% of my bill? NO! Then why am I only getting 50% of my service? I contacted the online help thursday, and was told to come back if the problem remained after 3 days, and that the info would be forwarded as to where the problem lies.

mcsjr454

Cedar Grove, WV

Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 2
Downstream Frequency : 729000000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM256
Downstream Symbol Rate : 5360.537 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps32Increment4
Downstream Receive Power Level : -5.5 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 36.9 dB

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 2
Upstream Frequency : 32000000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QAM16
Upstream Symbol Rate : 5120 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 45.7 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Time Not Established Time Not Established Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Error (4) ToD request sent - No Response received;CM-MAC=00:1f:e2:83:24...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Error (4) ToD request sent - No Response received;CM-MAC=00:1f:e2:83:24...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Warning (5) Auth Reject - No Information
Time Not Established Time Not Established Warning (5) ToD request sent - No Response received

This the modem info, while the slow connection is happening.

SDL L3Tech

join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX
kudos:28
reply to mcsjr454

Please attach your Pingplotter sample set of the problem to this thread and PM me your cable modem's MAC address and current public IP (whatismyip.com).

mcsjr454

Cedar Grove, WV

1 edit

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
These are the three most recent runs, the packet loss happens on and off, and i haven't been able to catch it. Still using the free version unfortunately and haven't figured out how to rewind, if it even does.

SDL L3Tech

Tyler, TX

1 recommendation

reply to mcsjr454

I have isolated the cause of the packet-loss to errors on the node. Since this is an RF Plant problem that I am unable to fix remotely, I have contacted the local engineers to further isolate and correct the problem. I will let you know when I receive an update.

mcsjr454

Cedar Grove, WV

I appreciate your help, and the speed at which you replied. You my friend are a great asset to Suddenlink!

SDL L3Tech

Tyler, TX
reply to mcsjr454

I have looked at the node a few times today and it looks significantly better than yesterday. The severe errors have not occurred yet. How has it looked on your side so far today?

mcsjr454

Cedar Grove, WV

It is heads and tails better. I am more than satisfied with how well my connection has been today. Thank you again.

SDL L3Tech

Tyler, TX
reply to mcsjr454

Glad to hear it. There are still no "uncorrectable" FEC errors so it looks like the locals found the main cause of them.

mcsjr454

Cedar Grove, WV

Things are still going great, thanks again for the help.