join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to TRU

Premium Member

to TRU

Re: Monitor Advice: 2560x1600 resolution

Click for full size
Ahhh yeah

Just came home for lunch to this waiting for me...

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

TRU

said by Ghastlyone:

Ahhh yeah

Hook that sucker up and let me know what you think of it! Go play a bunch of games on it so we can see if it really does the trick.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by TRU:

said by Ghastlyone:

Ahhh yeah

Hook that sucker up and let me know what you think of it! Go play a bunch of games on it so we can see if it really does the trick.

All I can say is.... badass. Fuck TN panels and 1080p. After seeing this resolution in person. It looks beautiful. The colors are so vibrant, and the blacks are so deep and rich.

I loaded up Hitman Absolution and Tomb Raider. Not even max settings. My jaw about fell on the floor.

My 1.25gb of VRAM in my 448 560ti was pegged. Completely maxed out. But those 2 games weren't completely unplayable either. I can probably even turn down some settings. I was getting some stuttering. I gotta say, I'm completely impressed with this Classified version of my card. That new 780 will completely destroy at this resolution. I can't wait to try it out.

Borderlands 2 runs and looks beautiful. VRAM was only sitting at 900mb.

27" seems to be the sweet spot. There's just so much real estate to fit all your web pages, videos, etc.

No dead or stuck pixels, and no back light bleed. This monitor is top notch.

TRU
Michigan

TRU

Perfect.

Just finished ordering mine. If I dont have the same sentiments as you about it, I'll send it back and try out my second choice. Either way, thank you for the update! And I hope you enjoy it.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by TRU:

Perfect.

Just finished ordering mine. If I dont have the same sentiments as you about it, I'll send it back and try out my second choice. Either way, thank you for the update! And I hope you enjoy it.

Np man. Hopefully you'll love yours as much as I do mine. I think you'll be surprised at how well your 560ti's perform. I don't know if you have 448 Core versions or not. That might make a difference. I've got my single 448 OC'd to the max, it actually surprised me how well a lot of games played at this resolution. Granted, I'm not playing Crysis 3 or Far Cry 3 (yet)

Guild Wars 2 ran smooth as can be. I got some frame rate issues here and there in Arkham City, but it looks absolutely amazing.

I'm still not used to how vibrant the colors look. I'm so conditioned to running an old worn out TN panel, that this new monitor is just shocking.

I did some adjusting of the brightness, contrast and colors, basically copying some settings off the internet (and eye balling) I'll post my current screen settings for you later on. From what my eyes can tell, these are about dead nuts on.

Update us what you think when you get it setup

TRU
Michigan

4 edits

TRU

Unfortunately, these are not the 448 core 560Ti's. Those came some considerable time later. These are the original, MSI Twin Frozr II 560Ti's before the core update/improvements. They have been great performers for me and when I eventually had them paired up & running in SLI they performed impressively and considerably better than a single 560Ti. Unfortunately though(again), the first 560Ti I purchased was the 1GB version(honest mistake but boneheaded nonetheless), not the 2GB, so when I purchased the 2nd one later on it was a 2GB model. And as some of you may know, SLI doesn't play nice with GPU's that are different in the slightest. They have to be exactly the same from front to back. But after some tweaking, plenty of frustration and the use of 3rd party software solutions(godsend), I had them working properly in unison. Albeit with both running at 1GB(lowest common denominator).

I'm scheduled to receive BOTH my new 780 and monitor this Friday. Both qualified for 2 day shipping(Amazon Prime member for monitor; paid extra for quick shipping on Newegg for 780). So I'll be able to remove the 560Ti's and replace them with the 780 in a couple days time. Then I can list them for sale and hopefully find a good home for them. So if anyone is interested in a pair(or one) of MSI Twin Frozr II 560Ti's, keep an eye out in the coming days for those to be available for purchase.

Ghastleyone - I would interested in those monitor settings you're using. So when you have some free time and can post that, I'll try them out myself and let you know what I think(and maybe a Kudos too!).

Needless to say, I'm super excited to get this all up and running on Friday and then having a loooong gaming marathon. I can't wait!!
TRU

TRU

The only way I am able to get a 780 that quickly is because I just decided to grab one that was in stock. If I did get the EVGA 780 with the ACX cooler(which is slightly better, I know, than the EVGA 780 Superclocked with reference cooler; basically the same cooler as the Titan), I would've still been waiting to even find one, let alone place an order for one. I would've had to wait... for WEEKS to get ahold of an 780 w/ACX cooler. And even then, their is still uncertainty of just getting lucky and catching an in-stock ACX GTX 780.

I just decided to get the EVGA 780 Superclocked non-ACX while I had the chance. I think I ordered the last one too because it showed as 'OUT OF STOCK' after placing the order. This way instead of waiting for weeks and weeks I'll have it by Friday(just 2 short days away). Sure, I missed out on a custom cooled 780 that might allow for very solid overclocking/temps. But I think I'm happy to just get it quickly and then I'll just worry(or scoff at depending on my luck) about overclocking what I have.