spc
Search similar:

uniqs
neilbunn
join:2013-06-25
Brampton, ON

1 recommendation

neilbunn

[DSL] Portal Upgrade Process -- Useless, Dates Mean Nothing!!!

Teksavvy! Crazy! I go through the whole process of logging in online, selecting an upgrade, selecting a date (+11 days from when I submitted) and even CONFIRMED with your email support team that the request was received on the 17th! Now, *TODAY* someone tells me they are just scheduling things now.

I've booked a day off work, followed the process (which intentionally CLEARLY states no confirmation is required). And now I'm screwed. How is this process valid or working? At least change the webpage to indicate nothing is confirmed... or remove the online upgrade process entirely because it JUST DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!

After almost a decade with Teksavvy I am *VERY* close to throwing in the towel. I'm horrified that there is no apology, and no commitment to make it right.

Marc -- this is crazy!

Regards,
Neil

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Re: [DSL] Portal Upgrade Process -- Useless, Dates Mean Nothing!

Looking into it.

novatelus
join:2013-06-22

novatelus to neilbunn

to neilbunn
I dont understand

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS to neilbunn

Premium Member

to neilbunn
said by neilbunn:

Teksavvy! Crazy! I go through the whole process of logging in online, selecting an upgrade, selecting a date (+11 days from when I submitted) and even CONFIRMED with your email support team that the request was received on the 17th! Now, *TODAY* someone tells me they are just scheduling things now.

I've booked a day off work, followed the process (which intentionally CLEARLY states no confirmation is required). And now I'm screwed. How is this process valid or working? At least change the webpage to indicate nothing is confirmed... or remove the online upgrade process entirely because it JUST DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!

After almost a decade with Teksavvy I am *VERY* close to throwing in the towel. I'm horrified that there is no apology, and no commitment to make it right.

Marc -- this is crazy!

Regards,
Neil

Hello Neil,

We apologize about this!! Please do not throw in the towel yet! I will definitely look into seeing what we can do for you! Can you please send me a PM with your account information? This will greatly help. We definitely want to make this right. ShawnS See Profile

Thank you
TSI Shawn S
ShawnS

ShawnS to neilbunn

Premium Member

to neilbunn
Hello Neil,

Our senior agent Ken has contacted you and will be following up with you tomorrow.

We thank you for giving us another chance to make things right.

Thank you,
TSI Shawn S
neilbunn
Brampton, ON

neilbunn

Appreciating the responses so far this evening. Hope we manage to work it out so thanks Ken / Marc... Based thus far though regardless of my personal outcome here I think the process ought to be changed to indicate a confirmation email will be sent... so people don't assume things are working if they aren't!

Looking forward to another chat tomorrow.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to neilbunn

Premium Member

to neilbunn
Hey Neil,

Order is being pushed to Bell as we speak. Once its in, we are going to send the escalation.

Ken should be in touch when he comes in with updates.

Cheers,

Andre
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to neilbunn

Premium Member

to neilbunn
Hey Neil,

I will be calling you shortly with an update.

Thanks,

Andre
ftp1020
join:2007-01-30
Canada

ftp1020 to neilbunn

to neilbunn
I have to agree the Portal is confusing.

First, on its Home tab, there are "Upgrade Package" and "Change Service" buttons - you only find out which one does what by clicking the incorrect one. How about "Upgrade" and "Change customer info" buttons instead?

Second, it asks you to select a date. Is this the date the install should be done? If so, it didn't work that way for me either - the day came and all I got was an email stating that I had to reply to it, to confirm the order. I even opened a ticket in Direct because I couldn't tell if the order had gone through at all.

I replied to the email, and I've been waiting without anyone contacting me yet about what day this is supposed to actually happen. Nothing on the portal under "Portal Requests", no email, nothing to indicate I've even placed an order.

I placed the order on the 19th with the selected date of the 25th and haven't heard a thing from TSI since, and the date it will actually happen is anyone's guess.
ftp1020

ftp1020

Edit: I found it in the "Billing" tab in the portal, and under "Active Date" (July 2) is the new order.

June 19 to July 2. I'm sure you can imagine what's going to happen to your 5 stars under "ordering process" in my DSLR review...

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to ftp1020

Premium Member

to ftp1020
No argument there that there are many upgrades needed to that portal. It is currently on our list of action items and I believe we are already knee deep in this project.
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to neilbunn

Premium Member

to neilbunn
Hi Neil,

I am happy that we were able to rectify things for you. If you need us, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Cheers,

Andre
ftp1020
join:2007-01-30
Canada

ftp1020 to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
My point, and the OP's main point, is that the date selection is more fiction than fact. The portal as currently presented leaves the customer feeling that the date is THE DATE. No mention of "hopefully" or "you'll get an email" ... just nothing, not even under "portal requests".

If I had not seen the date under "Billing", I would not have even known I'd placed an order at all.

The portal *sucks* Marc, fix it please.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Working on it
nonpromqueen
join:2007-02-24
Mississauga, ON

nonpromqueen to neilbunn

to neilbunn
Same thing happened to me. Booked online, they never got it.

Called in (after being on the phone for an hour), they booked it, then changed my login without telling me (that was fun)

And I had to wait another week and a half.
neilbunn
Brampton, ON

neilbunn to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Well, tech came, installed POTS splitter. Modem works, but it is in ADSL mode, and I'm getting slightly WORSE speeds than before the upgrade. Spoke with support yesterday night, they suggested it might become active overnight. It has been 24hrs since inside tech came, now on hold (1hr:28min and going, after trying the "call back" function 3hrs ago).

Forcing the modem to VDSL mode results in no connection & no login. Same with "Auto" so I'm *still* a basic 5meg profile on ADSL...???

So -- faith partially restored since the first (booking) issue got fixed... now lets get the rest!

Thanks,
Neil

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Let me get someone to call you

Should be a few minutes.
neilbunn
Brampton, ON

neilbunn

Appreciated. Number of the service address will reach me.
davecool
join:2008-09-05

davecool to neilbunn

to neilbunn
Currently working through the exact same thing. Did it all through the portal, then when the install day came, nothing happened. Only by talking to support did I find out that nothing had been done and that's when we actually did the upgrade. Supposed to get the upgrade on Tuesday. Crossing my fingers!

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to neilbunn

Premium Member

to neilbunn
Let me know how it goes. I believe Riz is calling you
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to neilbunn

Premium Member

to neilbunn
I checked your ticket notes and line stats... Looks like Bell still has you on their old profile in their system even though they have the core package as 25.

He pushed a Raise to best ticket which we should honestly see a resolution for today.

I am sure this is getting fixed by end of day.
neilbunn
Brampton, ON

neilbunn to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

Let me get someone to call you

Should be a few minutes.

Chatted with the tech yesterday, confirmed I'm still on a 5meg profile... 24hrs later, still on the same 5meg profile. Hoping someone at Bell is working on this? At what point should I call back in? What is normal Bell resolution time for these sorts of profile issues. I'm just posting because the squeaky wheel normally gets the grease. Trying to stay good-natured about it all. At the 96hr mark I might get more grumpy.

Regards,
Neil

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

I actually just got an email update that thy are working it today.

We just asked a rep to call for another update.
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to neilbunn

Premium Member

to neilbunn
I tired to get them to jump on it quickly by its not working. They dd tell us it's being pulled up today though

Thanks for the patience.
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to neilbunn

Premium Member

to neilbunn
I heard its done. Let me know what it looks like when you get home please
neilbunn
Brampton, ON

neilbunn

said by TSI Andre:

I heard its done. Let me know what it looks like when you get home please

Absolutely rocking it. Pushing 25.5 down, 8.5up, close enough to the 25/10 for me. I appreciate all the help and patience as I was a little bipolar with the support teams. Faith fully restored. Totally understand that co-ordinating with a 3rd party (Bell) is a pain for everyone.

I stand by my comment that phone wait-times are too long, and the "select a date" function in the upgrade should really just be disabled or have a lot more caveats around it... I think setting expectations is priority number one here, and there is too much out of your control for the pages to work as is... Sadly I picked the wrong time since it looks like a lot of T/CSRS are headed to the phone front soon... I should have read here first!

That said, everyone stepped up when they needed to, and this forum really helped ease my frustration (and allowed for some commiseration with fellow upgradees)... I'll remain a loyal Teksavvy customer and continue to recommend with the caveats above.

Thanks Andre / Ken / Marc / Kevin / etc. who spoke to or emailed me over the last 72hrs.

Regards,
Neil

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Thanks Neil, great to see you up and running.

security4yrs
@2.133.94.x

security4yrs to ShawnS

Anon

to ShawnS
Well the CV was impressive I personally viewed it which makes me a believer since im wearing a suit and a tent at the same time but when I start looking like iron man let me know means im leaking a bit.

(Is this funny yet?)

Anyway when the ips run out and the pppoe solution with could be set up to send the request for IP's across a bunch of internal ip network and (theorhetically) be set up as a big intersection for many isp backbones... (in a perfect world right)

Sorry if Im making you sad in any way but I dont really want to know more but I can't help learning and Frankly it hurts me sometime. you know what I mean...

Anyway other than choking on my own tounge I dont see much more that could go right or wrong for my current set up.

I really would llike to enter the QAM with 8 channel bonding and get that 25MBS upstream wow would I ever love that.

Probably someone else in here has that much upstream lucky bastard.

Oh well I guess I will just sit here and drool on this cable box im just dying to see whats in there after all my line goes in there too but I wouldnt' break in to it however I am curious now.
neilbunn
Brampton, ON

neilbunn to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Thanks Neil, great to see you up and running.

Thanks Marc. It is a tough thing you are doing, balancing on the razors edge between a few tough suppliers (Bell/Rogers et. al.) and us high-demand clients. I appreciate all you've done. Regardless of the momentary issues if I calculate all you've saved me through the years a couple days of back-and-forth with support is not a problem at all.

Regards,
Neil

P.S. If I haven't said it enough, still think you should pull the "pick a date" from the upgrade page... or at least make it subject to a confirmation email.