Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

2 recommendations

It is possible to get out of the Matrix ...

... but at what cost?

quote:
Three years after Texas woman’s suicide, a question lingers: Who was she?

By Cristina Corbin
Published June 26, 2013
FoxNews.com

To her husband, she was Lori Kennedy. But to a dogged federal investigator, she is "Jane Doe," a Texas mother who killed herself three years ago in her family's driveway after spending decades using stolen identities to erase a past that remains mired in mystery.

For two years, Social Security investigator Joseph Velling has been working to uncover the real identity of Lori Erica Ruff, who was Lori Erica Kennedy before marrying into an East Texas family in 2004. Prior to that, she was known as Becky Sue Turner, an identity forged with the birth certificate of a long-dead child. Velling, a seasoned government sleuth, has been stumped in figuring out the true name and background of this Jane Doe, who took on aliases with spy-like sophistication.

»www.foxnews.com/us/2013/ ··· suicide/
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
The better question to ask is why are they spending valuable time and resources trying to find the identity of someone that committed suicide 3 years ago?

GadgetsRme
RIP lilhurricane
Premium
join:2002-01-30
Canon City, CO
said by TheMG:

The better question to ask is why are they spending valuable time and resources trying to find the identity of someone that committed suicide 3 years ago?

So no one else can do it. Can't have people getting out from under Bob's thumb now can we.
--
Gadgets

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
reply to NormanS
Ultimately that is sad as your past is who you are. You might want to forget parts of it, but to totally cut it off would be very hard to do and so the suicide isn't exactly surprising in this case. Could be she had something to hide or run from, or she just got caught up going down the rabbit hole and got lost in it.

I would be surprised if they couldn't find out who she was originally as pasts are shared and so there are folks who can fill in the pieces.

“it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”
¯ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

reply to NormanS
A better news article with links to the contents of the box.

»seattletimes.com/html/lo ··· xml.html

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch

2 edits
reply to NormanS
Well if the gummint took DNA samples at birth this wouldn't be an issue.

Uh oh I hope I didn't give them the idea...

Gattaca

I'm sure the NSA could be trusted with a DNA database. Congress would have oversight so you know the info wouldn't be abused
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:21
reply to NormanS
quote:
“He just wanted to make sure she wasn’t a KGB mole,” Velling said. Far-fetched? Maybe. Still, you don’t take on a new identity just for the heck of it. There's got to be a reason.
....or people just love a good mystery. Interesting read nonetheless.

Regards