spc
uniqs
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to MuDvAyNe

to MuDvAyNe

Re: [OOL] bonded upstream

Amber US or DS light on the Arris means unbonded channel. Now that your light is green, it means bonded.

Speeds were not changed last night as just a very small area went live.

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35

Anon

Yeah, Arris modems do Green for bonded (orange for single). Motorola modems will show blue lights for bonded and 1Gbps WAN connections.

Just rebooted my SB6180 modem and still going with a single upstream. Guess it will roll out eventually to everywhere else but for now, glad to see this is progressing!
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

You will not need to reboot your modem. CV is doing that for any capable modems when upgraded.

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL to frdrizzt

to frdrizzt
said by frdrizzt:

Amber US or DS light on the Arris means unbonded channel. Now that your light is green, it means bonded.

Speeds were not changed last night as just a very small area went live.

In another thread I suggested a 2 stage process of rolling out the upgraded Upload Speeds. Stage1 would be to roll the bonded channels via settings file that has more than one upload channel but keep the provisioned speeds the same. This allows the bonding to be tested and any bugs worked out. Once that this is done, then Stage2 is to push another new settings file with the higher provisioned speeds.

It looks like I might have guessed right on how they will do it.
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

1 edit

frdrizzt

It's a pretty rapid rollout schedule. The rest of us won't have to wait much longer.

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL

said by frdrizzt:

It's a pretty rapid rollout schedule. The rest of us won't have to wait much longer.

Hopefully it will occur fast/soon. OTOH, as I noted, it might be a good plan to get the Bonding done and tested/debugged before increasing the upload speed provisioning. Staying with the current speeds until the bonding works eliminates disappointments with the new faster speeds if the bonding has problems.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

That's why they don't officially pre announce these upgrades.