spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Petter0420

@suddenlink.net

[Connectivity] 60% to 100% packet loss at day/night

Hi! For around 4-5 weeks after the hailstorm here in Amarillo Texas, I've been getting really bad packet losses whenever I browse the web, watch videos and play online games and everything seems to time out and stops loading and in my online games everything stops moving for around 15 seconds to one minute and its been really bugging me now since it screws me over a lot along with my friends I play with. I'm hoping to get help over this, since I've been hoping this issue would get fixed over time after the hailstorm and stop these horrible packet losses I've been getting. Thanks!

Uplinkpro

join:2008-02-11
Lake Charles, LA

To me it sounds like it can be one of many, many things, but from what you said it sounds like there could be damage somewhere from the storm. Hopefully you'll be able to get this fixed without having to go through all the hassle I did and still end up having to shell out money for your own equipment -_- You'll want to get this fixed asap though since packetloss counts against SL's data caps.

Edit: Also, anyone else having trouble with the login lately and being told it's a basic, free account?

SDL L3Tech

join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX
kudos:28
reply to Petter0420

Please PM me your cable modem's MAC address and your current public IP (»whatismyip.com) and I will look into this for you.

It would also be very helpful if you downloaded and installed PingPlotter Pro (free trial) and keep it running to a site/server you are able to replicate the problem to. After you see the problem show up in PP, you can then click "file, save sample set" and attach it to this thread.

Petter0420

join:2013-06-27
reply to Petter0420

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Here are one of my random packet losses whenever I was browsing.

SDL L3Tech

join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX
kudos:28
reply to Petter0420

Thank you for the PP image. I have already located where the problem is. I am seeing severe FEC errors in the form of "uncorrectables". This is going to be an RF Plant problem which unfortunately I am unable to fix remotely.

I have already contacted the local management and engineering teams to troubleshoot this. They have already assigned someone to look at it.