spc
uniqs

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to donoreo

to donoreo

Re: Rona closing 11 stores in ON and BC

Prices at my local Rona always seem to be 10%-15% higher than HomeDepot.

FaxCap

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

nm, confused Lowes with Rona

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by Gone:

nm, confused Lowes with Rona

They are both blue

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by donoreo:

They are both blue

They damn well look identical

That, and Lowes closed a whole bunch of their stores in the US made me confuse the two.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00 to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

That's probably what's killing them. There was a convenient small Rona nearby when I lived in the city but I considered it more of a convenience for small items, like a variety store. Here in the burbs Home Depot dominates, along with Lowes and the occasional Home Hardware, all in gigantic big-box format.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Home Hardware , big box, never seen one, they've always been the small(ish) stores.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

Home Hardware , big box, never seen one, they've always been the small(ish) stores.

It's pretty big, but definitely the smallest of the three (vs. Home Depot and Lowes).

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

1 edit

Gone

Premium Member

said by Wolfie00:

It's pretty big, but definitely the smallest of the three (vs. Home Depot and Lowes).

Yeah, there's two really big ones in St. Catharines that are bigger than a Future Shop or Best Buy but still smaller than Lowes or Home Depot.

In contract, we just had a Rona open up in Fort Erie that is as small as three spaces in a strip mall on Dominion Road. Same blue peaked sign as the big box version, just a lot smaller.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Wolfie00

Premium Member

to Wolfie00
The home hardware near me is on the south side of Danforth on Dawes, they take up one side of the entire road (with a gap for a union hall).

The service beats anything you get at any of the larger "hardware" stores.

I needed some gravel for a base for a retaining wall I built. Drove down, told the guy what I needed, and loaded in the truck and went home..

OOPS wrong stuff.. went back , my sister was helping me, she described the stuff and out to the yard we went. No we want this stuff (different then what I paid for). It's more expensive.. how much.. you know what.. nevermind. Not only that, but he went into the store brought out some tape so we could tape the bags closed .

I mean customer service in this store is out of this world, and they are competitively priced.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

I mean customer service in this store is out of this world, and they are competitively priced.

yea, the new(er) TSC store around the corner from where i live is also great that way...their prices are also fairly competitive and very good when you get something on sale...the people there are really good though, which really can make a difference on some purchases.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

It's funny, just last week we were browsing through the weekly flyers and my significant other said "why does Rona send out these sale flyers when they're not sale pricing!?"

When I saw the news that some of the stores were closing I shrugged as though it were expected.

Does Rona have anything you can't at the other similar stores?

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by urbanriot:

said by FaxCap:

It's funny, just last week we were browsing through the weekly flyers and my significant other said "why does Rona send out these sale flyers when they're not sale pricing!?"

i bought a Bosch cordless drill set from Lowes for $149...i was hoping to catch a sale on it, but Bosch products don't seem to go on sale very often, and i figured it was a decent price (plus they offer 30 days price guarantee)...sure enough, about 2 weeks after i bought it, Rona had a sale on Bosch drills...they were offering a 10% discount...i checked to see the pricing details, thinking i would bring the ad back to Lowes for a $15 refund...nope...Rona's price on the identical unit was $169, so even with the 10% discount, it was a few dollars more than Lowes regular everyday price was.