uniqs

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck

MVM

finished?

I don't have LTE here. where is LTE rollout finished?

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf

Are you better than Alaska? Why should you go first?

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to beck

Premium Member

to beck
Maybe they're not upgrading rural areas for economic reasons. Why cover farm country with LTE when EVDO Rev A will do the trick.

From their point of view they want to serve the most customers possible using the least amount of resources possible which means covering urban and suburban areas.

I grew up in Iowa so I know rural America but I spent most of my time in the city.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to beck

to beck
Unless their maps are woefully behind they are not close to being finished. Hell in Western KY there is a huge gap. Go look at their amps ther are plenty of places where is is only 3G. Verizon clearly stated ALL 3G areas would be covered in 4G. ALL as in 100%. And at least half their coverage is actually 4G "extended" network. Sorry I don't count that.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

I thought Kentucky was extended network according to their maps which means that the towers there are not Verizon towers.
ISurfTooMuch
join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

ISurfTooMuch

I read somewhere else that VZW plans to offer VoLTE on an LTE-only phone later this year. So, at some point, they'll have to add LTE to all their sites, or they'll be useless to those devices.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to beck

to beck
Yeah, they definitely aren't done. 99% of their 3G network has LTE now...whether that's land area or POPs covered I'm not sure...but that still plenty of territory with 3G only. For example, west of Austin and north of San Antonio, TX. Sprint has filled much of that in with LTE, but they're the only ones so far.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

I thought Kentucky was extended network according to their maps which means that the towers there are not Verizon towers.

Nope the part of Kentucky I'm talking about is regular Verizon. Anyways I found a topix board on this topic and apparently 4G is live in Murray but it's not showing on the map.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
My area has cities in it and the cities don't have 4g yet. So I guess I'm part of the 1% not upgraded yet. I don't even see them working on the towers either.
My city has 20,000 people so does the one across the river from me. The city to the north has 9,000 people and the one to the south has 6,000 people. Neither of those cities has 4g.

vzwuser
@bellsouth.net

vzwuser to 88615298

Anon

to 88615298
»www.westkentuckystar.com ··· eld.aspx
vzwuser

vzwuser to 88615298

Anon

to 88615298
It's on in Murray, Benton, and Eddyville.