share rss forum feed

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Projector problem

Click for full size
Defective Projector
I have this on a projector and haven't ever seen it before, normally it either works or doesn't. This picture is a part of the splash image, but the same issue appears from the VGA input. The blocks do not move. Initially I though the screen had ceiling tile debris on the lens. Closer inspection shows the defect to be individual "pixels". Any idea of what the issue might be?
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ¯ Robert A. Heinlein

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

You need a new projector. The screen the light projects through (The LCD in LCD Projector) is going bad. It's usually cheaper to just get a new one.

mikefxu

join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL
reply to Kilroy

Must be your million tiny mirrors going bad (aka DLP chip). »www.shopjimmy.com/blog/2012/04/1···e-wonky/

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to beachintech

said by beachintech:

You need a new projector. The screen the light projects through (The LCD in LCD Projector) is going bad. It's usually cheaper to just get a new one.

Wasn't going to try and fix it. Either it is under warranty, or it will be getting replaced. Just haven't see this before and knew it wasn't the bulb, which is what my facilities person was suggesting.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ¯ Robert A. Heinlein

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC
kudos:4

Dying DLP chip. See if they'll fix it under warranty or at least give you a deal on a refurb.

MK101
Premium
join:2001-03-13
Around
reply to Kilroy

Yup bad DLP engine. We've had this problem with a ton of Mitsubishi DLP projectors right after the 3 year warranty was up.