Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SRFireside

join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

Europa Report

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2BfobyYOmU

What Apollo 18 could have been. What 2010 eluded to and is expanded upon. This one has my ears perked up.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Yeah, this one looks interesting.
I just hope it doesn't turn into a "monster" movie about two-thirds of the way in.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

I didn't realize that this was a "found footage" type of movie where everything we see was captured by a camera in/on the ship or during an interview.
I really dislike movies filmed that way. It wasn't bad for The Blair Witch Project but I haven't seen a movie since that has benefited from that style of filming.
Still, some of the visuals were great, the story was pretty good, and the acting was convincing.
Overall, it was an ok movie. It could have been better.
It reminded me a bit of Sunshine, but that was a much better movie.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

SRFireside

Houston, TX

Was it a monster movie like you feared? Or would that give away too much? Hmm... I suppose if you say anything now we would know either way, eh?

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to SRFireside

Already covered it bro,...

»Europa Report Trailer 2013

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to SRFireside

Not really a monster movie, no.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I realize that it's not a bad movie, I just really dislike the "found footage" style.
Also, I think that the premise of the movie, and the way it ended would appeal more to those interested in actual science and discovery rather than the usual sci-fi movie themes.

SRFireside

Houston, TX
reply to Octavean

Yeah, but your post is soooo.... last month.