A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to bt

Premium Member

to bt

Re: Time for the "locked in a hot car" stories again..

Horrible, if the child/pet can't come in with you, leave them at home (or don't go out).

I was at a local market on Monday and gave a coat hanger to a guy letting a dog out of a car. I didn't have my phone with me (unusual) but would have called the cops. He was going to wait for the owners to return and blast them. I saw a video shot by a vet and in 30 mins the temp in the vehicle went up 20F and this was with all 4 windows cracked open.

»peterdobias.com/communit ··· ed-open/

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00

Premium Member

said by A Lurker:

Horrible, if the child/pet can't come in with you, leave them at home (or don't go out).

I was at a local market on Monday and gave a coat hanger to a guy letting a dog out of a car. I didn't have my phone with me (unusual) but would have called the cops. He was going to wait for the owners to return and blast them. I saw a video shot by a vet and in 30 mins the temp in the vehicle went up 20F and this was with all 4 windows cracked open.

Major kudos to you and the guy opening the car for doing that!!

I only wish you had found a phone somewhere and called the cops anyway. People like that should not be allowed to have a dog.

The incredible stupidity that causes a child to die is exactly the same. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs OR children. It's unfathomable to me what kinds of thought processes occur in their brains. I can only imagine that an EEG would show a flat line.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker

Premium Member

said by Wolfie00:

I only wish you had found a phone somewhere and called the cops anyway. People like that should not be allowed to have a dog.

100% hindsight I should have. I'm actually not sure if the police lay charges with pets locked in cars. I know if you call them they will get them out (breaking windows if need be).

A friend passed on this link the other day. I'm thinking of using them fall to spring when I see dogs left in cars.

»redrover.org/mydogiscool/fliers
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by A Lurker:

A friend passed on this link the other day. I'm thinking of using them fall to spring when I see dogs left in cars.

I think a sticker you paste on the car that can't be removed without damaging the paint is more appropriate.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

I think a sticker you paste on the car that can't be removed without damaging the paint is more appropriate.

I suspect that there will be stickers plastered all over the insides of cars about this soon enough.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to A Lurker

Premium Member

to A Lurker
said by A Lurker:

Wow that was a great video, and the back window looked open enough for a small dog to get through. But that was insane, after 30m the inside hit almost 120F.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to A Lurker

Premium Member

to A Lurker
said by A Lurker:

»redrover.org/mydogiscool/fliers

The rest of the time use this sort of tool, if the risk of killing their child/pet isn't enough, the hefty cost of replacement glass might make the message sink in.
»www.homehardware.ca/en/r ··· t=Resqme