All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
nonpromqueen
join:2007-02-24
Mississauga, ON

nonpromqueen

[DSL] Anybody have success hooking up the ZyXEL 1432 to a dlink?

Trying to hook my ZyXEL up to my dlink DIR-835, is it possible or do I need a different router?

The wireless coverage on the ZyXEL sucks and tech support has been less than helpful.
Limahaurix
join:2013-06-20

Limahaurix

Re: [DSL] Anybody have success hooking up the ZyXEL 1432 to a dl

There is 3 ways you can hook up another router to a combination router/modem like the Zyxel:

1. Both in routed mode (dual-NAT)

Depending on the speed of your connection and if you don't need port forwarding (this setup can cause slowdowns depending on the speed of the devices) this is the easiest method as it requires very little setup. Just leave the Zyxel in routed mode with the PPPoE login and connect up the router with the router set to DHCP.

2. Modem w/ Bridged Interface & standalone Router

This setup allows easier port forwarding and is the typical alternative to the above option. Simply use the web interface on the Zyxel to configure the WAN interface for bridge mode (there should be instructions easily available, alternatively tech support can help you with this) and set up the router for a PPPoE connection with your login.

3. Hard or "True" bridged Modem & standalone Router

This is a typically unsupported option for these styles of modem as it requires more in-depth configuration (using telnet for example) and poses a risk that you could break the modem. Typically this is not required except in special circumstances, and due to the technical difficulty of the task is not supported. I know some of the people on this forum were experimenting with doing this with the Sagemcom VDSL modem, but I don't know about doing it with the Zyxel.

Typically one of the first two options should be all you need on a standard connection. If you just want to use the wireless from your D-Link, you can use either option and just disable the wireless network on the Zyxel.
nonpromqueen
Mississauga, ON

nonpromqueen

GABRIEL IF YOU READ THIS YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT IT WORKED

(after going through 2 teksavvy people who had no idea what they were doing)

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS

Premium Member

Hello nonpromqueen,

Glad to hear that Gabriel was able to get you back online!
Sorry that it took 3 times to get it right. Our aim is for a 1 call resolution. That one call to Gabriel must have been the one .

TSI Shawn S
nonpromqueen
Mississauga, ON

nonpromqueen

Now I'm hoping his name was actually Gabriel. I talked to so many different people I hope I didn't mix them up (pretty sure I didn't)

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS

Premium Member

Yea it definitely was him, as per your account notes. He updated your login and sent you an email.
nonpromqueen
Mississauga, ON

nonpromqueen

Yay! Good. Give that kid a raise.