uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

1 edit

[Comcast Equip] New 'QUEUE' entry in menu

I just noticed in the DVR menu (the one when you press MyDVR), there is a new 'QUEUE' entry. When you click it, it starts up some application (sort of like CallerID). Mine has a listing for the Simpsons in it.

Anyone know what this is about?

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

Re: [DVR] New 'QUEUE' entry in menu

said by andyross:

I just noticed in the DVR menu (the one when you press MyDVR), there is a new 'QUEUE' entry. When you click it, it starts up some application (sort of like CallerID). Mine has a listing for the Simpsons in it.

Anyone know what this is about?

»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su ··· om-queue

and

»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su ··· eue-stb/

djlandkpl

join:2007-12-27
Norton, MA
reply to andyross
If you go online to the DVR manager, you'll find it there too. I don't fully understand it, but you pick your favorite shows and add them to the queue. It will show you if the program is available on TV, on Demand or online.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:17
reply to The Q
Check out this thread on the Comcast Support Forum: »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV- ··· /1610037

And these pages:

Set Up and Manage Your Queue on XFINITY TV Online
»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su ··· m-queue/

View the Queue on Your Set-Top Box and Play XFINITY On Demand Programs Anytime
»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su ··· eue-stb/

EDIT: Whoops, looks like The Q See Profile beat me to that!

ctggzg
Premium
join:2005-02-11
USA
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to andyross
I hope it works better than the web page (»xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/list), which is incredibly unreliable and inaccurate and sometimes gives different results when you just reload the page. Right now there are a few movies in my "not available" list that I know for a fact will be on TV in the next week.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to andyross
I didn't realize how intrusive this 'queue' thing would be on the box. It's not just in the DVR menu, but also the main menu and the mini-menu, where it's taken over the double-size button on the far left.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
said by andyross:

I didn't realize how intrusive this 'queue' thing would be on the box. It's not just in the DVR menu, but also the main menu and the mini-menu, where it's taken over the double-size button on the far left.

certainly looks like they want you to check it out.