LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido

Re: Sell Rogers Internet over wifi under different name

The OP doesn't know if the startup is breaking the rules or not, as he doesn't have access to the contracts...

He tried to be a bitch, and run to Rogers; who shrugged. He vented here, showing, at least to me, he's less concerned with his business, and more concerned with someone else's... Plus showed a history of questionable (at best) actions.

OP - Instead of focusing on what someone else is doing, spend this time and energy on your own company...
scorpido
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02
Abbotsford, BC

2 edits

scorpido

Premium Member

@Lazman same to you, your reading way too deep into this. If he got got written approval for using it Rogers as his backbone and reselling it, then I would approach Rogers for the same thing. Some people really need to not to get so emotionally attached to threads. And I called Rogers to find out if they knew how to get permission to resell their services and they had no clue. I never ran to Rogers about what he is doing as I wasn't sure until today. Plus maybe he does have permission. Again, reading too deep.
And with regards to your comments about questionable pasts. Everyone has things they regret and mistakes they have made. If it made difference I wouldn't have over 200 customers and growing.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

said by scorpido:
Sure, because I pay over $1000 for my fiber optic service for my WISP and it ticks me off that the competition can under cut all the Wisps in the area by using Rogers Cable Internet against the AUP, when we all do it right and buy proper fiber. This clown has been operating like this for over a month and it has a bunch of WISPS including myself not very happy. But it seems Rogers doesn't give a care.

Sure reads like you tried to drop the dime on him...

My business runs well, I appreciate your asking... I'm never worried about someone undercutting me on price - my service is beyond reproach; and should a client leave me due to price, they come back for the service; after realizing there's more to value then just dollars and cents. Put your energy into being the best, not the cheapest.
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

His pricing is the same as mine, and no where did it say I was trying to close him down or anything like that. In fact no one even knows what company I'm talking about as I'm being respectful that way. Would it be unfair if he was cheating the system, and would it be a bit of a tick off...sure. Am I going to do anything about it...no. Because if he is doing it against the Rogers TOS/AUP then someday he will be turned off and then those customers will hopefully come my way. But if he is doing it with approval then I might need to take a look my business model and maybe even see about complementing my fiber with Roger Cable Internet as a backup if I can also get permission.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
said by scorpido:

Exactly, TX your reading too much into this and have way too much time on your hands. It is not a conspiracy. It was a simple fact finding thread which I said could be closed long time ago. With regards to the review, again you are getting way to clouded. I found my answers. He might be going against the TOS/AUP, but on the other hand he may how ever remote it might be have written permission.

Too much time on my hands? Bud, i'm responding to YOUR thread. I run an operate 3 successful businesses and yet i still manage to find a few, you know... moments to myself. So quit getting so defensive.

Lastly, i'm getting way to clouded about your fake review? Huh?!? I'm not the only one who said it's weird. This is like any ISP's CEO's sister too lazy to create an account so they write a review under the CEO's account about how great the ISP is. So no, not clouded. You're review is by the way against DSLR review policy. You've broken their policy if you wanted to know since i have so much time on my hands.

Please don't go talking about someone else following the rules yet you knowingly broke the rules here. Unfair sure, but truthful.
said by yyzlhr:

I don't think that's a fair analogy.

Teksavvy plays by the rules and other TPIAs play by the rules.

The OP just wants clarification as to whether this is allowed, and if it's not allowed, why is it fair that the OP does it the legitimate way and spends $1000 a month on a fibre backhaul while this person in question spends a $100 a month for a small business grade cable backhaul?

Not fair? Should we all cry about how life is unfair? Are you kidding me? Go lend him a hand if it bothers you. It's an exact analogy. Rogers complaining about TSI's rates. We KNOW they play by the rules. The OP does NOT know if this person is or isn't. He is basing his opinion on his lower rates. So should each of us investigate each business that offers low prices and investigate their suppliers? Contact their suppliers, post on forums about it? What on earth would a community of regular users do to help buisiness A) investigate business B).

No matter who plays fair or unfair in the ISP world yyz, it's not up to you or I to investigate it. I stand by my analogy simply because he is driving off of speculation. If he had proof, you present it and walk away. Not drive the matter even further.
Tx

Tx to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
Just thought i'd say this since i have too much time on my hands. You're going on about breaking rules. Yet you broke DSLR's rules by having a positive 100% review posted about your own ISP. Don't ask about rules unless you can follow them yourself. Who knows how long you had that review posted until you were called out on it then you decided it wasn't right and edited it/reported it

This whole thing from start to finish is odd.
Tx

Tx to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

said by scorpido:
Sure, because I pay over $1000 for my fiber optic service for my WISP and it ticks me off that the competition can under cut all the Wisps in the area by using Rogers Cable Internet against the AUP, when we all do it right and buy proper fiber. This clown has been operating like this for over a month and it has a bunch of WISPS including myself not very happy. But it seems Rogers doesn't give a care.

Sure reads like you tried to drop the dime on him...

My business runs well, I appreciate your asking... I'm never worried about someone undercutting me on price - my service is beyond reproach; and should a client leave me due to price, they come back for the service; after realizing there's more to value then just dollars and cents. Put your energy into being the best, not the cheapest.

He's very fixated on what he pays per month.. i think he's dropped the "I pay $1000" line quite a few times in these 4 pages. You can clearly see what his concern is as it sure as heck isn't the "kind people of his town" as he originally stated.
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

@TX The review was posted a couple days ago. Has since been modded by myself as to not mislead. However TX your doing a really poor job at blurring the lines. I am not sure what thread your reading but I never mentioned anything about "kind people of his town" and do you have some sort of stake in this unnamed company as your really dedicated to this. Dedicated to a point where it almost seems like I'm bringing up an issue that might hit close to home and maybe and I am very much speculating from how emotionally attached you are to this that I am bringing an issue to light that maybe has been neglected by Rogers for a long time and if they do start taking a more active role in preventing this type of thing might cause you financial harm? I dunno I just figured since your doing all this speculating I figured I might take what I have read from what your posting and let you know that how close this seems to hit for you is......odd.
scorpido

scorpido

Premium Member

I got the answers I needed and I said long ago the thread can be closed..lol Let it go TX

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Tx to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
said by scorpido:

@TX The review was posted a couple days ago. Has since been modded by myself as to not mislead. However TX your doing a really poor job at blurring the lines. I am not sure what thread your reading but I never mentioned anything about "kind people of his town" and do you have some sort of stake in this unnamed company as your really dedicated to this. Dedicated to a point where it almost seems like I'm bringing up an issue that might hit close to home and maybe and I am very much speculating from how emotionally attached you are to this that I am bringing an issue to light that maybe has been neglected by Rogers for a long time and if they do start taking a more active role in preventing this type of thing might cause you financial harm? I dunno I just figured since your doing all this speculating I figured I might take what I have read from what your posting and let you know that how close this seems to hit for you is......odd.

Oh the irony in you stating i'm speculating LOL. What stake do i have in his company? I am in Mississauga kiddo and quite a few people including a CEO of TSI can confirm this. Let's not forget, i've been here a year longer then you meaning i didn't just register yesterday to comment here. I'm from a completely different city and i post regularly in the TSI forum so nice try flipping the tables bud. Limelight is on you.

one of your posts you stated how it's a small town and hard working people that do not deserve to be taken advantage of correct? So, you're 'protecting' them correct? I guess most of the posters on this thread have some invested interest in said company correct? They all seem to agree you're going a little too above and beyond.

TBH, i don't care if it's since been modified. You modified it because you were caught reviewing your own service. You are the CEO/Founder of Bluwest correct? If so that review should have never happened no matter the excuse and you broke DSLR/Broadbandreports policy on reviews. Period. You cannot take back what has happened there and say 'oops sorry'.

You weren't on a fact finding mission. I operate 3 successful businesses that each require our own AUP, TOU, TOS and PP. I sure as heck wouldn't be on here or any other forum asking questions as to how to report, find out, investigate another business and then go on repetively stating how much i pay for each of my racks and how unfair it is someone else can lease 1\4 a rack and a fraction of the cost. My point is, i wouldn't be on a forum. If it 's an issue, i'll communicate my concerns with our lawyers and have them proceed. You're continually going on about how much you pay per month several times as if it matters. Run your damn business and let Rogers worry about their own customers abusing their AUP. You have an answer for everything including a pretty OT post about your theft of some tires and 4 prior convictions or something. Didn't care to read too much of it since it wasn't relevant but you seem to have an answer for everything and then retaliate with your own version of flipping the table on another user.

Get over it, run your business. I know you won't and you'll be doing the leg work for Rogers but i sure as hell hope you post on here if the dude was legal. Not many people would have the balls to come admit they were wrong. TBH i hope i do find out one way or the other. If he's illegal then great, but you have avoided a question asked about how Rogers can reach out there.
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido to DataRiker

Premium Member

to DataRiker
@ TX So 1st of all, I became a member of DSLreports about a year after you according to your avatar. Also I only stated once the pricing of my fiber not several like you claim. It is obvious you have not read half of the posts in the thread or you would have accurate information. I also never talked about a town. Read the thread before you run off like that and make a ass of yourself again.

Also in one my very first posts I also said that this is information gathering that I'm doing. Again read the thread.
scorpido

scorpido

Premium Member

Also can I have a MOD remove that misplaced review of Bluwest Wireless please that was done by mistake as TX is having a major melt down over it. Thanks
scorpido

scorpido

Premium Member

Rogers has cable in may small towns. They use fiber to get there I would assume, but I don't know as I don't work for Rogers. Question answered. I also asked if it was possible to resell Rogers Cable Internet. Not sure where you got the idea that I was planning a sting operation..lol My goodness people don't read so much into this. The question was can you resell rogers over wireless. Someone asked why I was even interested, I didn't offer that information, I was asked. Never new it would throw the whole thread to crap from the start. I have my answers from the Rogers AUP, it's done. Let it die my goodness..lol
scorpido

scorpido to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx
said by Tx:

Odd question i'm sure but is this causing you distress? If not, why care ? Let Rogers figure it out. Who cares?

7th down from the start of the thread. lol

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
You posted a review of your own service? Hmm...this is getting interesting!

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

a family member did using my account as they were to lazy to create an account they would never use. I since have removed it as it violated the dsl reports TOS and I take TOS's very seriously.
My house is made of Titanium alloy.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

2 edits

Tx to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
Click for full size
said by scorpido:

Rogers has cable in may small towns. They use fiber to get there I would assume, but I don't know as I don't work for Rogers. Question answered. I also asked if it was possible to resell Rogers Cable Internet. Not sure where you got the idea that I was planning a sting operation..lol My goodness people don't read so much into this. The question was can you resell rogers over wireless. Someone asked why I was even interested, I didn't offer that information, I was asked. Never new it would throw the whole thread to crap from the start. I have my answers from the Rogers AUP, it's done. Let it die my goodness..lol

said by scorpido:

said by Tx:

Odd question i'm sure but is this causing you distress? If not, why care ? Let Rogers figure it out. Who cares?

7th down from the start of the thread. lol

You ask me to let this rest at 2013-06-29 16:34:27 and yet you continue responding to things on the thread.

You removed the review after getting caught Darrin Mueller. I'd like to ask you how long that review has been posted under your account? Please answer honestly as mods can see how long ago it was originally posted.

Does your sister know your password? Why would she access your account to post a review? Did you ask her to? You do understand that part of your story makes zero logical sense right? Now i'm not here to insult you or attack you because this part has me seriously curious as we're on the subject of breaking policy. How your sister would gain access to a password protected account and she figured it was ok and knew how to navigate to even POST a review.

This goes wrong in so many ways.

1.) Locked account
2.) Accessing your account without your knowledge or permission?
3.) She's new to the site? How did she even know how & where to post the review without guidance? or a lengthy time to access your account. Your only review under Bluwest was your own. So she had no where to search for Bluwest to leave a review. For a new user this is perplexing.
4.) The length of time you allowed the review to be posted under your own name.
5.) Why it took another user to comment on you owning Bluwest vs your bias review to take down your review thus breaking DSLR/BBR policy

I was respectfully going to leave it alone as you asked politely and then i seen responses. So i have a response of my own that resulted in a few honest questions.
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

The review was done about 2 days ago as stated above. I didn't give anyone my password.

She does have service with Bluwest, I logged in under my account, went to the reviews area and asked her if she wanted to review Bluwest. She did, and I let her. The review from what I could and can see follows the guidelines except that it is unable to be proven who actually did the review as it came from my account. I did not post the review on behalf of my customer, she wrote and hit submit herself. It is not a fake review as she is a paying customer. I removed the review to try and de-escalate this situation. If you wanna hang me for it, be my guest.
scorpido

scorpido to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx
Why are all my posts now being reviewed before being posted????

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx
I'm pretty sure posting or even referencing PM's is also against the TOS here at DSLR. Might want to remove that reference. Its a good post and the MODs will delete the whole thing if you don't.
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

4 edits

scorpido to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx
You are prohibited from posting instant messages in the forums without the express consent of the author.
You didn't have my approval for posting my PM therefor violating

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
Grab some popcorn this thread is getting good

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to DataRiker

Premium Member

to DataRiker
said by DataRiker:

I'm pretty sure posting or even referencing PM's is also against the TOS here at DSLR. Might want to remove that reference. Its a good post and the MODs will delete the whole thing if you don't.

It's against DSLR policy to copy and paste PM's. I referenced a time and a small reference that i was asked politely to leave it alone. There was more in the PM that doesn't need to be explained or shown. Just that i was asked politely to let it be.

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker

Premium Member

I've had my posts deleted for referencing a PM before.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by DataRiker:

I've had my posts deleted for referencing a PM before.

I guess it all depends how much you say. Heck i've referenced things Marc of TSI and I say in PM. Nothing exact just that we've talked in PM about "That kind of data transfer" as an example. Small yet simple references should be ok. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion.
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido to DataRiker

Premium Member

to DataRiker
Well all my posts are now being reviewed by MOD's before they post so I'm not going to entertain this anymore as it is obvious I hit a nerve.
You are prohibited from posting instant messages in the forums without the express consent of the author.
scorpido

scorpido

Premium Member

also TX your review you did on Bluwest Wireless also violates the Review TOS.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by scorpido:

also TX your review you did on Bluwest Wireless also violates the Review TOS.

I never actually posted a review. Never had your service, thanks. Next time don't fake a review. Sound good?
Tx

Tx to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
said by scorpido:

Well all my posts are now being reviewed by MOD's before they post so I'm not going to entertain this anymore as it is obvious I hit a nerve.

Lucky for me, i didn't post your PM..
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx
So you posted a fake review then Also against TOS for Reviews